Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So many options!!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies
I think I've narrowed our math options down between singapore or MUS. Any tips or suggestions on which you'd choose would be greatly appreciated!!!

Oh and if I have to register my private homeschool the first two weeks of October, will my DS be considered truant until then? Or should I register early, even though it says wait?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Double check your state laws. Mine said within 10 days of school starting the first time, which I understood as public school, not my school, and then after that annually by October.
NewMom333
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Ok will do. Thank you!
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:47 PM

My kids loved MUS but I didn't like the results on their college entrance exams so I'd try Singapore or Teaching Textbooks or maybe Life of Fred.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM

We do MUS and love it.  We suplement with Life of Fred and some of the drill sheets from the MUS website for timed drills when we need to pick up the pace.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:16 PM
MUS for us. We tried teaching textbooks but my son hated it. It was not visual and hands on enough. He needed to see what he was doing. We also use life of Fred with other supplements. I don't think Singapore is hands on enough for our family. My sons love to play with math so mus is perfect for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)