Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
When are you going to start your school year?
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
rmgriffberg
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

ok now i dont feel like a slacker lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

No, no!  Starting late August is normal, but we like to take off December to bake, wrap gifts, write cards, and all that jazz.  It was great last year, so we decided to do it again.  Plus my garden starts producing copius amounts of tomatoes in July.  The kids will be sitting around the kitchen while I chop and puree tomatoes, so I might as well give them something to do while they're there.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

no w i feel like a slacker. i was thinking of starting end of august lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

July 21st.

ambcortez
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Sept 1

AJ_Parks
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
We started in June also. Also just finished our 20th day. My kids beg for school (hope it stays that way). We do a relaxed schedule and if we wanna take a day off we do.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM

We've been doing a light "learn to read and write" summer with my just-turned-5 year old son. I throw math in there too, just because he likes it... so I guess we didn't stop with him.

Formally, my kindergartner and my 7th grader will start at home for the year on August 11th.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Next Monday, hopefully.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:14 AM
July 6th
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM

August 11th is our official start for 1st grade. I intended to school through the summer but that's fallen through the cracks. We've been way busy with road trips, GS camp, dance competitions, performances, and regular summer fun activities. I finally gave it up lol. But DD is eager to start and our plans calm down a lot come August, so we may start up slow before the 11th. We'll see.

anzm33
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM
August 2nd-5th have not decided yet
GodsAmiga
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 3:50 AM

I don't think we will have a formal start. My oldest is only in 1st grade and we are moving in January from overseas back to stateside so I want to plan for a break then. We are doing light work part time this summer and will dive in for more consistent schooling probably around September. But I will also be trying to make sure they get enough time with their friends before we move so won't be stressing it. I looked up what she needs to know by the end of 1st grade and she has already met most of the goals so I am trying to keep that in mind and not let myself stress too much over the next year. :-P

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Its looking like either August 25th or September 1st. We have to get all of our vacations set in stone before I make the final decision :/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)