Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
When are you going to start your school year?
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:30 AM
*puts head down and cries* I'm so far behind.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:31 AM
How is your daughter doing with the idea of being at home, again?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

We've been doing a light "learn to read and write" summer with my just-turned-5 year old son. I throw math in there too, just because he likes it... so I guess we didn't stop with him.

Formally, my kindergartner and my 7th grader will start at home for the year on August 11th.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM
We took June off, and now we're easing back with math two days a week. I won't start adding subjects or days till after we get back from the beach in late august.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:10 AM

She's good with it. She was actually the one who pushed to leave the school initially (if it had helped her, even if only emotionally we would have left her to finish junior high there). She's excited to play sports again this fall :)

Thanks for asking about her :)

Quoting mem82: How is your daughter doing with the idea of being at home, again?
Quoting AutymsMommy:

We've been doing a light "learn to read and write" summer with my just-turned-5 year old son. I throw math in there too, just because he likes it... so I guess we didn't stop with him.

Formally, my kindergartner and my 7th grader will start at home for the year on August 11th.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
We are starting the first week of August. Although we've been working on reading each day.
rmgriffberg
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM

ok i was planning on waiting till end of august, but we might move it to the begining. my son has been asking about school, and i think he misses it :) 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
We start August 1st normally but this year I have decided to do school off and on through the whole year.
DesireMM
by Desire' on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:42 AM

We are going to start Sept 2. This way we are past all the birthdays we have in August and Labor Day. We can just start and stay on track until Thanksgiving break.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM

July 21

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We start in January.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN