Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

thinking

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
We have classes Monday~Friday but Fridays it be game day of what you learn through the week like bingo.
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
That is kind of what we are going to do. We have co-op on Friday so we don't have time to do a full day of work. So we are going to do games and projects on Fridays.
bcogoli
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like so much fun!

My kids fall apart on fridays so we are doing M-Th and then our weekly quizes/tests on Fridays. They usually need lots of rest come Fridays

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I.am trying to figure out how to do it but i am trying
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We have co-op type classes on Thursdays all day and an evening sewing club that day too. Hubs is teaching three classes this year and I'm teaching one plus helping with setting up the nursery/prek area.

We have one kid's choir practice and church clubs wednesday.

My 7th grader has choir and classes on tuesday.

There are other things they do, like Junior Bible Quizzing and church plays.

Anyway, my point to all this is that We use the rest of the time to just randomly get our own class work finished.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:39 PM
So true about the rest that is what we slow down see what our children knows by Friday so testing is a great idea

Quoting bcogoli:

My kids fall apart on fridays so we are doing M-Th and then our weekly quizes/tests on Fridays. They usually need lots of rest come Fridays

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
So true about the rest that is what we slow down see what our children what they have by Friday.

Quoting bcogoli:

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
we use games to teach throughout the week. My kids love it. We have even done spelling on the wii. We use a hands on, lots of reading and a game approach to learning. My youngest loves learning through games. I have to admit I love it as well. We usually do our games on days we are home all day.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
We did that with our preschoolers and kindergarten and a little with our first graders not with our first graders but not to much with our 7th grader and our 10 grader sorry

Quoting jen2150: we use games to teach throughout the week. My kids love it. We have even done spelling on the wii. We use a hands on, lots of reading and a game approach to learning. My youngest loves learning through games. I have to admit I love it as well. We usually do our games on days we are home all day.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you sorry? My kids are going in 5th and 7th grade and we still play games. I learn about as much as they do. My sons learn so much from a hands on approach. Learning should always be fun. My boys love games and having fun. I like to do a variety of things.

Quoting motheroffour186: We did that with our preschoolers and kindergarten and a little with our first graders not with our first graders but not to much with our 7th grader and our 10 grader sorry

Quoting jen2150: we use games to teach throughout the week. My kids love it. We have even done spelling on the wii. We use a hands on, lots of reading and a game approach to learning. My youngest loves learning through games. I have to admit I love it as well. We usually do our games on days we are home all day.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I am trying to work games in our curriculum

Quoting jen2150: Why are you sorry? My kids are going in 5th and 7th grade and we still play games. I learn about as much as they do. My sons learn so much from a hands on approach. Learning should always be fun. My boys love games and having fun. I like to do a variety of things.

Quoting motheroffour186: We did that with our preschoolers and kindergarten and a little with our first graders not with our first graders but not to much with our 7th grader and our 10 grader sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)