Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Calling all year round homeschoolers.

Posted by   + Show Post

I 'm trying to find a way to follow Dh's work schedule. He works two weeks on/off. We tend to be able to concentrate more when he's working than when he's not. However, I can't figure out the 180 day thing. I don't know if it just isn't possible or if I'm too close to the situation to see it clearly. What do ya'll think? Is there a way to at least loosely follow this schedule and still get our days?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Replies (21-22):
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Maybe plan to do schooling out of the house some of the days DH is home? My MIL used to be home on certain days and DS and I would go to the library. We kind of kept up with going to the library on those days, even though she's no longer home during the week.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Are there any online programs that you can do on the weekends or a few days he's home?  Could he do Science experiments with them when home? 

I have DH do lots of stuff on the weekends with DD.  He will either teach her French, Spanish or Science. I send them off on outings too that are field trip type things usually science related. 

I do year round because I'm afraid of losing days for seeing family (all out of town) and illness.  I learned the hard way these past 80 days after being poisoned by an antiobiotic that destroyed my tendons and many other things. I was down and out.  Glad I had Time4Learning to lean on and also hit the library for lots of books to read.  We've slacked in a few other areas but this was our first year and she's only 4.5 (although doing some 1st grade work, so it's only fair to her).  But it was an eye opener for me for sure! Glad I already planned to do year round. We just hit 180 days about a week ago.  Sept 1 is our start date. So we'll be over that a bit but good to have cushion too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)