Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Calling all year round homeschoolers.

Posted by   + Show Post

I 'm trying to find a way to follow Dh's work schedule. He works two weeks on/off. We tend to be able to concentrate more when he's working than when he's not. However, I can't figure out the 180 day thing. I don't know if it just isn't possible or if I'm too close to the situation to see it clearly. What do ya'll think? Is there a way to at least loosely follow this schedule and still get our days?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Oilfield?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Yes ma'am.

Quoting CowgirlMama0508: Oilfield?
CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Lol us too.

We school year round too and im trying to do the same thing. Im thinking of only 2-3 days a week while hes home. Idk. His hitches are Wednesday to Wednesday with him leaving Tuesdays. So far though, we started this school year on 6/23 and he hasnt been home since 6/17 lol. We plan on taking a week off whenever he actually gets to come home

Quoting Dawn07: Yes ma'am.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Awesome! I love meeting oilfield wives who homeschool. That's about where I'm at...idk. Lol. His are Thursdays with him leaving on Wednesday. I'm wondering if just taking that one week off instead of two would be better. Since the week he leaves and comes back are half way done anyway. Idk.
How long are y'all's hitches?

Quoting CowgirlMama0508: Lol us too.

We school year round too and im trying to do the same thing. Im thinking of only 2-3 days a week while hes home. Idk. His hitches are Wednesday to Wednesday with him leaving Tuesdays. So far though, we started this school year on 6/23 and he hasnt been home since 6/17 lol. We plan on taking a week off whenever he actually gets to come home

CowgirlMama0508
by Tasha on Jul. 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
He's been 14/14 for 5 years but might be going to 7/7 soon. He just got a promotion so we dont even know where his new rig will be or what rotation he will get LOL

Quoting Dawn07: Awesome! I love meeting oilfield wives who homeschool. That's about where I'm at...idk. Lol. His are Thursdays with him leaving on Wednesday. I'm wondering if just taking that one week off instead of two would be better. Since the week he leaves and comes back are half way done anyway. Idk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Don't ya love when they're in limbo like that lol. Dh did 7/7 when he worked land. To me that's a rough schedule. Hopefully they'll have y'all sorted out soon.

Quoting CowgirlMama0508: He's been 14/14 for 5 years but might be going to 7/7 soon. He just got a promotion so we dont even know where his new rig will be or what rotation he will get LOL

Quoting Dawn07: Awesome! I love meeting oilfield wives who homeschool. That's about where I'm at...idk. Lol. His are Thursdays with him leaving on Wednesday. I'm wondering if just taking that one week off instead of two would be better. Since the week he leaves and comes back are half way done anyway. Idk.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Two week on and two weeks off, so roughly 26 weeks a year?

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Pretty much.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

if you do 26 weeks and all 7 days, including something on Sunday.  You will have 182 days done.  Though if you do take sunday off that gives you 24 days, that hubby and you can take the kids out of the house for feild trips that are "educational".  I think it's completely do able.

Quoting Dawn07: Pretty much.
Quoting Silverkitty:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I think with adding in the weekends it could be doable. Now to see how family responds to this idea ;)

Quoting Silverkitty:

if you do 26 weeks and all 7 days, including something on Sunday.  You will have 182 days done.  Though if you do take sunday off that gives you 24 days, that hubby and you can take the kids out of the house for feild trips that are "educational".  I think it's completely do able.

Quoting Dawn07: Pretty much.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN