Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been looking at it for my 7yo ds. He likes the demos and one of my patients really enjoyed it but the only question i have is how many hours a day does it require my son to be logged on?

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Replies (11-13):
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:58 PM
We love time4learning. It is our base but I have a ton of additional sources I use for all subjects. I do feel like retention can be an issue which is why we have incorporated a lot of outside sources. It is budget friendly and for us it has been easy to build around. By itself I don't think it is enough. Not to mention I don't necessarily like the idea of my daughter being in front of a computer all the time. I think it can be really useful though.

I am using for my second grader. We just started homeschooling after being in ps for two years and moving to a not so great district.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

For us, we do aprox 2-3 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. My children are now in 1st and 6th grade, but my youngest has been using this program since Pre-K and my oldest since 1st grade her self. Persoanlly, I think it is a great program and it defeintly covers everything your child will need to learn. So, for us I consider this program our core curriculum. Still, we also add to the program. We use Time4Writing for writing, spelling city for Spelling, and Unit Studies for interest led learning ;)

Homeschooling Mom to DD & DS <3

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We have used Time4Learning for over 7 years, my daughter officially begins their high school curriculum in the fall.  We use it mainly as our core curriculum and for my ADHD/gifted daughter it works great.  She moves at her own pace, quicker sometimes, slower at others.  We have supplemented with Vocabulary and Spelling City.  If you are concerned about additional grammar, as well as writing this is a great source.   I don't find the lack of penmanship in T4L to be a problem, in fact, being online meant that my daughter could move at the pace of her brain, not at the somewhat slower pace of her fine motor skills.  I allow her to move ahead by skipping the "lesson" and going directly to the quizzes and tests if she feels like she knows the material.  I do require a grade of 90% if she skips the lesson.  Also, you get access to 3 grades at a time, so if you register for 2nd, you get 1st and 3rd grades also, so your child could move ahead or drop back for reviews as necessary.  We love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN