Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Still a work in progress but so excited I had to share!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
5 moms liked this

Last year we just did school on the couch and at his little eating table. This year I decided I'm getting too old for sitting on a big floor pillow hunched over a tiny kids table so I'm using our empty formal dining room for the paperwork part of our school day, the rug for our games, centers and hands on math stuff. Where his box "house" is is where the easel is going as soon as I get DH to put it together. I want a file cabinet for the space next to the table and bench by the wall and I have to hang up the chalk board and more posters. I have to take the awful curtains down and eventually get rid of the hideous chandelier but it's close enough for now!

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anzm33
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Im strapped for space until we finish our basement so at the moment I invested in a large pantry shelve unit and folding chairs with attached desk tops works wonders when conserving space but cant wait to branch out and have a "room" :) looks good!! Should send out more pics when you get all the tweaks done also :)
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Looking good! I love the rug.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Great job!
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Thanks ladies! I got the rug from Land of Nod it was the splurge. The table and bench I got from the unpainted furniture store and did myself so I figured what I saved on that I could use to get the rug because I loved it so much!

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM

That is a really cute rug! 

We are going to be kind of spreading out this year. Last year (and year before) we did almost all our schooling in our master bedroom (converted to a school room). But last year there were so many complaints of "I can't concentrate! Be quiet!" etc, this year we moved school stuff into a smaller bedroom where they can work if they want, but they will also be allowed to take their work down to the kitchen bar, dining room table, living room floor, on their bed... wherever they need to be. The only thing they'll have to do at a desk is math, because it's all on the computer.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

My son loves maps and has gotten really interested in the states this past year. He even gets excited about the weather map on the news! So I knew this rug would be a huge hit and I was right he's gone and laid on it spread eagle numerous times since we unrolled it at the beginning of the week 😊

Quoting hipmomto3:

That is a really cute rug! 

We are going to be kind of spreading out this year. Last year (and year before) we did almost all our schooling in our master bedroom (converted to a school room). But last year there were so many complaints of "I can't concentrate! Be quiet!" etc, this year we moved school stuff into a smaller bedroom where they can work if they want, but they will also be allowed to take their work down to the kitchen bar, dining room table, living room floor, on their bed... wherever they need to be. The only thing they'll have to do at a desk is math, because it's all on the computer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN