Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are You Making Any Major Changes This Year?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Are you making any major changes to your schedule or curriculum this school year or trying anything new?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM

We are doing a 10/5 schedule, ten days of school and 5 days of weekend.  DH got a new job and that's his schedule, so we plan on doing lots of field trips on our extended weekends.

Plus I'm adding a full-fledged kindergartener this year!

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

We are going back to a more Charlotte Mason approach using a lot of Ambleside Online books, methods, and schedules.  We're also shooting for a longer day (closer to 3 hours rather than 2).  Ds is a rising 8th grader and I want us both to be ready for the high school years.  

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 6:33 PM
We switched our math and spelling and I'm adding a preschooler this year.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM
We are adding a couple of big projects for the year. We changed our math from Math Mammoth to Beast Academy.
Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM

yes, adding another kid to the homeschool roster. SO I'll be hsing a 5th and 7th grader. 

I may join a coop. I'm going to the open house tomorrow to check it out. Some of the group times they offer are evening though, which won't work for us, so not sure itll be a match.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM

We're doing a charter one day a week, my kindie now has more expectations upon him, I'm doing spelling tests, we added Mathtacular to Life of Fred, and I'm probably more insane this year.  :)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Yes. New LA and Math program. Starting journals for every subject. I am using more ebooks for history this year. I just signed up for Amazon's unlimited books and I love it. Changed my schedule and added one more day at home. Taking a week long Colonial Williamsburg trip with friend at her time share. Can't wait!
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM

We are switching to MFW from Sonlight.  I still have to look over everything and get used to the new system.  I am hoping this year is a little more laid back(we were butting heads a lot over some things this year).

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM
We'll be following a schedule more closely since she's first grade now. We're adding an electives day at a charter school once a week. Starting history and cursive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)