Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Notification Form Changes (Ohio)

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies!

I heard in passing from a home-school mom that the notification form for Ohio has changed; however, I haven't been able to find anything to confirm this information. 

I have attached the notification form that I used last year (and plan on using again for the upcoming school year).

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the correct form? 

Thanks in advance!!

http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/School-Choice/Home-Schooling/Recommended-Notification-Form.PDF.aspx

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I can't see your form on my phone but look at it this way. It's a 'recommended form' not THE form. All you need to do is make sure that you include what the law is asking for. I *think* the only difference in the new forms is that they have added an optional email line. I've used the same basic form for 6 years. The law hasn't changed. 8)
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:13 AM
I don't know about the form, but as of last October all notifications are to be sent to the superintendent of your school district. Some of the schools had special county centers or someone who specifically handled all of the homeschool notifications, but that has changed.
MamaLauri
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Ask your school district.

JuicyRedTomato
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Quoting mem82: I can't see your form on my phone but look at it this way. It's a 'recommended form' not THE form. All you need to do is make sure that you include what the law is asking for. I *think* the only difference in the new forms is that they have added an optional email line. I've used the same basic form for 6 years. The law hasn't changed. 8)

The form that I use is absolutely in accordance with the home education laws for the state.  In fact,  I found one that is provided through the Ohio Department of Education (that's the link I listed). I would venture to say that will suffice. :) :)

Thanks!

JuicyRedTomato
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting redhead-bedhead: I don't know about the form, but as of last October all notifications are to be sent to the superintendent of your school district. Some of the schools had special county centers or someone who specifically handled all of the homeschool notifications, but that has changed.

Yes. We sent ours to the superintendent last year as well. I think our district implemented that before it was required. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN