Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We have found a program here in Hawaii that is sorta run like K12 it's a branch off of them I guess.  But anyways we have gotten thru the assement phase and some things have been happening that have me worried about the program....  So I'm just wondering if any of you moms use K12 and if you do what do you think of it?

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Replies (31-33):
LoriAlane8
by Member on Sep. 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I used K12 with both of my children from K/1st grade starting in 2001. Though it was not always easy it was well worth it. We used the curriculum Independently, had to purchase the curriculum early on due to living in a state that did not have a virtual academy. We eventually moved to WI and then to CA and used K12 through the virtual academies. Now my oldest has graduated with a 4.0 and has finished her 1st year of University in the Honors program with a 4.0. We recently moved to TN and they do not have a Virtual Academy in highschool so he is dual enrolled in a junior college to finish his credits for high school. Though we have not received his grades for this semester we think he is doing well. And he actually seems to think it is pretty easy. He says the college level Algebra is all review so far. He also tested right into college level English and Math. K12 has given both my children above and beyond what they need to be successful at what ever they put there minds to. 

ilovefries
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM
My daughter is in k12, as the weeks pass by, she is just hating it. At first I thought it was me because I felt the pressure of trying to finish the days work. But it really is just too much, and all for tests that really aren't teaching her anything. I'm starting to realize now that maybe I should just remove her from it, she tells me she's not happy with it. I try to convince her that the days will get better and I'm trying my best to teach and show her, but turns out it really is a pain in the butt just trying to get by through the day with so much work.
kbhe3605
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM

It is a shame that some of the virtual charter schools that use the K12 curriculum, add a bunch of additional requirements to bog down your day. That is why I enjoyed the freedom of using it as an independent homeschooler (purchased directly from K12).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN