Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

who else is?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am figuring out what I need to buy this year for school, what I already have. Who else is doing it to. OR have you already done the ordering and now you are planning it out?  I hate this part of it, but I know I need too and I know the homeschooling is the best place for my kids to learn.

DEB, wife to wonderful husband and mom to 6 blessings

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Already ordered most of it (Still need MUS Delta, but Zave won't be ready for it for a month or so and still need my Spelling You See to come in!).  We started school on Tuesday, so the planning for the first couple months is already done as well.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I think I have MUS delta if you want to save a bit of money, you can have it. Just remind me to look, because tomorrow I may not remember I posted this!

I have most of our stuff and am doing lots I planning...which will lead me to "need" more stuff.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Already ordered most of it (Still need MUS Delta, but Zave won't be ready for it for a month or so and still need my Spelling You See to come in!).  We started school on Tuesday, so the planning for the first couple months is already done as well.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM
I started 2 weeks ago. Ordered and planned couple months ago.
JIJsMom
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM
I ordered everything before last shool year was over..but I always do things way ahead of time. It's just how I am. :)
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:25 PM
I ordered everything back in January with my husband's year end bonus and our "Taxmas" money.
We finished up all of our previous work and we just started our new math and writing curriculum.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:26 PM

We started school this week. We are doing half-days this week and next so we'll have 1 week total done, then the following week they're off to camp, then the week after that we start back full days. 

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM

i ordered most stuff. I still have to get Saxon 8/7 and I guess I'd better jsut do that as it's not going to suddenly get cheaper. A few things I'll buy later in the year, or perhaps not at all!

JadeTigr7
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I already have everything and am working on getting it all planned out now.

mommaof697
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I think I look forward to summer break as much as my kids do. We are farmers so summer is busy doing farming stuff. haying, fixing fence, lawn mowing, vbs, camp etc. I am  finally feeling like I need to and want to get the planning done. Maybe if I started in January I wouldn't be wanting to put it all away and not look at it for months.

DEB, wife to wonderful husband and mom to 6 blessings

GodsAmiga
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM

I think I have everything except I am debating ordering the Math-U-See Primer for my 4 year old. I like that one for introducing math but am unsure whether to wait. I didn't start formal school with my eldest until 5 but my 4 year old already has me giving her reading lessons at her own request and loves doing school. So I am debating. For my 1st grader though I have everything already except the math is on it's way. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)