Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am figuring out what I need to buy this year for school, what I already have. Who else is doing it to. OR have you already done the ordering and now you are planning it out?  I hate this part of it, but I know I need too and I know the homeschooling is the best place for my kids to learn.

DEB, wife to wonderful husband and mom to 6 blessings

by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Replies (11-18):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Well...

We actually technically didn't start our summer break until Thursday last week.

However, I usually buy and plan ahead. I have everything bought and planned for except I'm creating my own reading and language arts curriculum for my 6 yr old. Nothing else seemed to flow with the phonics kit I have.

I also have to get serious about my plans for my co-op class. It is my first ever, but will be pretty easy. I'm doing 3-5 grade art and crafts group.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Thanks!  That would be great!  PM me with the details!

Oh yeah, I always save a bit of curriculum money set aside for the stuff I just "need" later!  LOL

Quoting TJandKarasMom: I think I have MUS delta if you want to save a bit of money, you can have it. Just remind me to look, because tomorrow I may not remember I posted this! I have most of our stuff and am doing lots I planning...which will lead me to "need" more stuff.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Already ordered most of it (Still need MUS Delta, but Zave won't be ready for it for a month or so and still need my Spelling You See to come in!).  We started school on Tuesday, so the planning for the first couple months is already done as well.

mommaof697
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I would get it for her. but just don't push let it be her pace.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I think I have everything except I am debating ordering the Math-U-See Primer for my 4 year old. I like that one for introducing math but am unsure whether to wait. I didn't start formal school with my eldest until 5 but my 4 year old already has me giving her reading lessons at her own request and loves doing school. So I am debating. For my 1st grader though I have everything already except the math is on it's way. :-)

JayRo00
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM

This will be our first year homeschooling and I have ordered and received everything except a reading program for my son. I am not sure if I should choose Barton reading and spelling or All About Reading. I have organized my homeschooling folder and put together the children files. My next biggest hurdle in choosing a day to start. I had originally chosen August 4th but we are moving soon so that day will not work. I am extremely stressed out because it's so much out there for homeschooling. I think when we start, I will be okay. Planning is hard but I am excited to start.   

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I have most ordered.I have to remember to order the next math book for my little guy. I'm attempting to work on planning everything but I fell like I have a road block in my brain. I've been trying for a month now and I'm getting no where fast, and running out of time :/ 

craftyzenmom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Spent 5 minutes on Pinterest looking for organization ideas and ended up tearing up the whole house...took a week to put it back together! Since the boys are headed off to HS this year it's going to be my daughter and I at the kitchen table....we may not start officially untill mid-September, she's going to Grandma's for a long visit and I'm going to send some stuff with her but not too much. I pick up the curriculum I ordered the second week in Aug. (we go through a charter and I can order whatever I want and they pack it up for me).... just trying to plan Novel Units for the year. Can't decide on 6th grade books....I have summer brain :)

mommaof697
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Getting organized is a major step in the right direction. 

I want to paint my school room so I want to take everything out change the flooring and then slowly put it back in. Onlty putting in until I think it is good. so even if there is stuff not in just leavinig it out or getting rid of it. 

Mid Sept is when we usually start

Quoting craftyzenmom:

Spent 5 minutes on Pinterest looking for organization ideas and ended up tearing up the whole house...took a week to put it back together! Since the boys are headed off to HS this year it's going to be my daughter and I at the kitchen table....we may not start officially untill mid-September, she's going to Grandma's for a long visit and I'm going to send some stuff with her but not too much. I pick up the curriculum I ordered the second week in Aug. (we go through a charter and I can order whatever I want and they pack it up for me).... just trying to plan Novel Units for the year. Can't decide on 6th grade books....I have summer brain :)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I've ordered pretty much everything. My husband is going to order DD's microscope, and I need to grab the plague unit from MCT. Oh, and I am debating a different lit program for DD. Other than that, I'll be ordering more titles for our religion/lit program with DS5 throughout the year, as we go, but I have everything else.

I am, at the moment, eyeball deep in lesson planning. We start August 11th.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)