Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Minecraft Server ??????

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 3 Replies

Our "Homeschool Hooligans " are asking to be on a multi-player server so they can play with other homeschoolers.   I want to find a place where they are "Griefer-free" and no bullying or bad language is allowed.   I am not very good on the computer - so I need simple instructions!!  LOL  I hope someone can help this homeschool grandmother!

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ladyofnight
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Depends on how old the kids are... My boys go to jumpstart but they are 7 and 8 (soon to be 9 in September).

craftyzenmom
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My computer programming 14 yo who is VERY into Minecraft has told me that you can go to mcprohosting.net and pay around $20 for a customized multi-player server with plug-ins. You basically tell them what you want and they set up blocks like "language barrier" and you can make it so in-game bullying like killing someone as soon as they enter the game is blocked. Good luck! I'm very thankful to have an IT husband and a son who share dad's passion for computers :)

cuppycake91
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to play on  a server called gaming mommies. There are kids who play there and they don't allow bad language etc.  You can go to their facebook page and ask about joining the server.  https://www.facebook.com/GamingMommies I'm not sure if there are any home schoolers there though, but kids for sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)