Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

five and a half years into this journey...

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this
And I finally had the guts to "write" my own curric.

Granted, it used other resources like worksheets and readers. I will also admit it is first grade reading.

But hey, I created about 30 pages so far of my own, added other worksheets and created some of my own games, journal topics, etc. I have about 6-7 weeks worth and it is designed right where she is at and works with the phonics program I have. She is past the whole. "Sam sat." "Sam ran away." "Sam is fat." Type reading g, but not by much.... its nice to do things that feel successful.

We will be introduced to sentences, punctuation, homonyms, double ending letters, how r affects vowels, review consonants and short vowels, nouns, verbs, categorizing nouns, pronouns, characters in a story,
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Oops....hit enter...

Anyway, bottom line is.

I never knew how much work goes into it. I don't think I'm going to complain as much about the cost of curriculum anymore!!!! Lol!!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM
But it is so amazing a feeling when your child(ren) learn something YOU/WE wrote ourselves. Yes, it is a lot of work and time consuming BUT to see their comprehension level soar and realize and we caused this, is awesome! That is priceless to say the least.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)