Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

For those using Math U See

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM
  • 4 Replies

I want to use it with my daughter next year. She will probably need the Gamma. I saw they have a "Manipulative Blocks" pack for each set. Is it the same? If I buy it once she can use it for all the levels?

Thanks!

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:20 AM

It's the same set.  It works all by itself up to level Epsilon where they start fractions.  Then you'll need to buy the fraction overlays to go with your block set.

Analugojana
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Looking forward to try this.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

It's the same set.  It works all by itself up to level Epsilon where they start fractions.  Then you'll need to buy the fraction overlays to go with your block set.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:42 AM
I have to say, my older two rarely used the blocks. At first I didn't have them and we used a cardstock punch out base-10 blocks we had from the dollar store. Worked for them at the gamma and zeta levels. However, they are fairly mathematical and it comes to them quickly.

Later, some one sold me a double set for cheap and I picked them up for my little ones.
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Yes, she can use it for all the levels.  When she gets into the higher levels, you can buy the fraction and decimal overlays to use with the blocks as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)