Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

High school Science?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter will be starting high school next year and I am in need of high school science.  She doesn't really like science and has been struggling in pre-algebra, so she will be taking algebra next year as well.  The college my daughter wants to go to is asking for three lab sciences.  I would prefer secular, but if the science is sound and has good labs, I would use anything.  Thank you!

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ladyofnight
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM

At Barnes and Noble, I found work for all ages, including science work books and labs for higher grade levels. You might can try amanzon too. :) good luck. my boys are going into 4th and 2nd grade, so i can't be of much help. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM

You really need comprehensive to satisfy a university.

I would suggest you look at Kolbe Academy. It's Catholic, and there is Catholic content in the lesson plans, but you can skip it - and they use secular textbooks, and are lab based. The school, and their courses, are accredited as well.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

crystalclear12
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Good question. I will be facing this exact one next year! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN