Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Google Drive

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so excited about using Google Drive this year I wanted to share it with everyone! My kids have been using the Dirve and Docs in various settings over the past couple of years and I watched how easy it is for them to work on something and share it with other people. This year I've been thinking about finding a way to go "paperless" as much as possible with my 6th grader. In the past I've hand written out weekly plans on a blank calendar for her to cross off. She is headed to grandma's tomorrow for a 6 week visit and I want to be able to work with her long-distance. Yesterday we tried setting up a Doc for our novel unit - I typed in the assignment, shared it with her and she can do the work right on the document. It's a vocabulary list so she is writing out sentences for the words. I can watch as she goes along and comment as she does it, if there are questions.... seriously cool! I can also use Google Hangouts to chat with her about the assignment - I'm going to try and set up a daily math study group through Hangouts since getting together for a couple of discussion math problems everyday is not practical, but having 3-4 kids chat online about them would work. The best part is everything is free and works from my desktop Mac to any version of iPad that we have making "school" even more portable. I'm just excited it worked and it makes life so much easier when creating assignments etc...

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
95seahawk
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:03 PM

My family loves Google Drive and Hangouts as well.  Both have made life easier. 

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for sharing, I haven't used hangouts at all and google drive I have only used with a friend to help with her homeschool business so she can share docs with me.  My kids use google sites for their online class to submit assignments, it seems to be simple enough and works well for their teacher.

AsiaCansler
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM

I've used Drive for myself but never thought of using it as a way to make homeschooling easier. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)