Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Not Back to School party?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do you celebrate?
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I actually wanted to do a "Not-Back-to-School" day at the park about a week after PS opens. I had it all planned out - potluck, also supplying maybe pizzas and mexican, potato sack races, a bounce house, water balloons, some other fun things. A "free" swap of materials. But I tried for a smaller version last year and only one other person even signed up. I bet if someone else planned it they'd be all over it. I don't get it, so the idea lives on in my mind lol.

We're actually going to be out of town the week school opens here (we've been doing actual school for about 4 weeks now) so that will be a celebration all by itself!

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I have been thinking about doing something special when the other kids go back to school.  We can't do it the first day of school because it is only a half day so we wouldn't have time.  I am thinking the second day of PS for the kids I watch, D and I will celebrate him NOT going.  We already started our school year so getting a day off while they are in school will make D happy.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I saw all kind of cute ideas on Pinterest. I just haven't figured what I want to do for us yet.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Not really. We call what we do "school", so it wouldn't really work, lol. I do plan to go out and visit some places that are generally too crowded during the summer, on the day the public school kids go back. We're starting at home about a week and a half prior to them, so we can take a day off if we want :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

drinkme8184
by Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
My hsing group does a not back to school day at the beach on September 2nd... this is my first year so it should be fun.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Every week!
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM
We're going to a water park on the first day of school. It's been crazy busy there and I promised we'd go when most kids are in school. Last year one of my homeschool groups had a Not Back to School picnic, but I'm not sure if they're doing anything.
mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I would love to see your Pinterest board for this, or a link to some of what you found!! If you wouldn't mind sharing!! :)

Quoting Dawn07: I saw all kind of cute ideas on Pinterest. I just haven't figured what I want to do for us yet.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I don't have a board or have pinned anything specific yet. This is the link that started off all the ideas though. I thought the school themed dinner was a neat idea.

Here are some specific to the dinner idea:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4 I have always thought the cake would be so cute, but will most likely never happen, lol.

Quoting mommy2kaelynn:

I would love to see your Pinterest board for this, or a link to some of what you found!! If you wouldn't mind sharing!! :)

Quoting Dawn07: I saw all kind of cute ideas on Pinterest. I just haven't figured what I want to do for us yet.

sarah_beth
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Our homeschool group we are part of is doing an end of summer pool party, a family dance, senior party, etc.  There is a lot going on with the group.  

I like the idea of a Not-back-to-school party.  And I completely feel your pain, LostTheSlipper.  That tends to by my luck as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN