Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First time mom is going to attempt homeschool pre-school…help

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello everyone! In September I will be doing pre school at home with my daughter (she's four) and I'm not sure what activities I should do with her. I plan on buying some workbooks so she can write her letters and numbers, but what I else should I do? She counts to 20, recognizes colors, shapes, can name parts of the body, knows the alphabet by heart, she knows her upper and lower case letters, when you present her numbers on a flashcard she can tell you what the number is up to about 13, she follows directions pretty well (I do need to work on her listening skills when it comes to a series of instructions). I plan to introduce cutting and using scissors safely and of course we'll be doing some physical education during the day as well. My mother-in-law is totally against homeschooling and she's making me feel like a terrible parent for doing preschool at home, I just want to make sure come kindergarten I didn't make a huge mistake for my child. We live in NY if that helps any. Thank you!

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Replies (11-11):
Mommyx2BG
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:26 PM

sorry for any typos

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN