Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's August! What are you doing?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell me about it!
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Replies (11-17):
Mweddle
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM

We started school today!  The big kids loved it!  My oldest son has two weeks to decide if he wants to homeschool or go to school but for now he is homeschool.  :)  I think he will decide to go but we will see.  Other than that we have a visit to the osteology museum planned and my youngest sons birthday. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Feeling like I'm going to lose my mind :P

We have a boat load of appointments this week. Eldest had a contact fitting this morning (which took hours), tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, Wednesday DS5 has round one of his dental procedures, Thursday I have a meeting with the school district psych ed team to go over DD12's educational psych test results, and Friday I have to shop a couple different stores for DD's birthday party on Saturday. All week DD also has to be at volleyball camp by 9, and picked up by 12 :P

In the midst of it, I'm finishing up lesson plans. I planned to start school on the 11th, but DS5 has a check up with his pulmonary doc, so that isn't going to happen.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

cassielc84
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Getting a school supply list going and plan on starting on the 18th after most of the August birthdays are over. We got a ton! Lol Also trying to enjoy what's left of Summet vacation!
alf2651
by Amanda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:40 AM

I'm researching, planning and getting everything all together. DD's gone away this week to spend time at her great-grandmother's, though I'm meeting them on Wednesday to go to Kings Dominion and DH is gone for five weeks. So this week I've got plenty of time to get things done at least!

FallMama
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM

We are beginning our second unit study about the Vikings, and after that we will be learning about Medieval Europe.  We are enjoying lots of play time with other kids at the parks and playgrounds in the area too.  We just started soccer, so we're SUPER busy with that, plus we have our garden that we need to keep on track.  Busy!!!  This month might also mean a trip to the Indy Children's Museum if we can swing it.

GodsAmiga
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM

I am busy being sick sick sick. Bluh. Last month we were surprised to discover that I am pregnant with our fourth and this month the sickness has hit hard. It is also in the 80s-90s with humidity and no a/c and the hotter I am the sicker I get. :-/ This is our last summer in Japan and we had planned to do all these fun trips to places we haven't gotten to yet but instead I am stuck at home. I did receive my 1st graders new math curriculum which has made us both excited to start and I got her 1st-3rd grade math binder set up. :-) I also received a writing curriculum but it seems much more daunting than it sounded online. Has anyone used IEW for writing? And did you watch the entire 10 hour long DVD that they are saying I have to watch in order to be able to teach this? I really liked how it sounded so simple but full of meat online...now I am dreading sitting down with it to look through it with more detail. 

If I ever begin to feel better we will squeeze in some trips. This week the two older kids are participating in VBS. :-) And later this month I have my first ultrasound to make sure this baby is going to stick around. A little nervous about it but leaving it in God's hands. :-) The girls are busy making the most of summer! Playing with their friends at the playground right outside and all the kids have been getting nice and dirty and muddy. :-)

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
We've been doing light school during the summer. Our official new school year starts August 25. I'm finishing up our schedule, doing lesson plans and getting our school area organized.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)