Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Day 1:I've got a chest cold and Theo won't quit singing. Here we go!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ready or not, we're getting started
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Good luck!  I am sure you guys will make it through.

FallMama
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  Stay relaxed and have fun.  

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope your week got easier!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Well, my oldest is on it with just a few kinks. My 9yo needs me to have more patience so we stopped after day 1 and will try again tomorrow. Lol
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I had to heal.

Quoting mem82: Well, my oldest is on it with just a few kinks. My 9yo needs me to have more patience so we stopped after day 1 and will try again tomorrow. Lol
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I hope your feeling better!!  We all need to remember to take it easy from time to time.

I actually yelled at my youngest yesterday for sitting in the middle of the floor twirling her pencil.  I had to take a shower and told her to keep going.  I got out and found her on the floor and not at her table.  She wanted to know if she needed to vacuum before she finished her work.  REALLY we have never done chores before finishing work.....NEVER.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this
And that's when you know, they really are out to get your sanity.

Quoting coala:

I hope your feeling better!!  We all need to remember to take it easy from time to time.

I actually yelled at my youngest yesterday for sitting in the middle of the floor twirling her pencil.  I had to take a shower and told her to keep going.  I got out and found her on the floor and not at her table.  She wanted to know if she needed to vacuum before she finished her work.  REALLY we have never done chores before finishing work.....NEVER.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Sounds like a rough start. But you can make it.
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM

We are trying different discipline tactics and they seem to working to save my sanity.  My SO and I have butted heads way way to many times over the last 2 years.  I have handed all discipline over....and use the "we are going to talk to daddy about this" with them.  It usually snaps them back into reality.  LOL  I even have a child doing her sister's chores for 2 more days because she called her sister dumb.  We aren't tolerating it!!  Because she feels her sister is "dumb" she gets to do her chores so that her sister can focus on her academics....daddy's creative punishment.

I hope your sanity returns soon!!

Quoting mem82: And that's when you know, they really are out to get your sanity.
Quoting coala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)