Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I am in tears.....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
  • 61 Replies

I have no idea what this syear will look like. My oldest son I feel like is so far from reach right now, this past month.  My hsuband is even worried. He is always angery, he lacks complete self control, he seems depressed. DH even said he looks bipolar. He wants to control everytrhing, obesses over everything. Itr deosn't matter if we are at home, the park or with friends, he is out of control. This is NOT the same child I had. I feel like I am loosing him. I dont' know what to do anymore.How am I going to homeschool him, let alone function in our day to day lives with the other kids? I can't take him to school, I know in my heart it will make things worse. I am trying to get him an appointment to get evaluated, but I honestly fear that they will want to put him on meds, and I will loose him even more. I'm so scared for him :(

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:22 PM

If he truly needs meds or just some counseling will be determined by the professionals.  I hope things work for you all...I know it is hard and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Thank you :) hopefully he can be seen sooner than.later.

Quoting coala:

If he truly needs meds or just some counseling will be determined by the professionals.  I hope things work for you all...I know it is hard and I will keep you in my thoughts.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

*gently*

Meds aren't the end of the world. I promise. It doesn't always make you "lose him more" - it could help. Medication (for ADHD) certainly helped my daughter - her life is so much better now.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Sometimes medication is the best way. You've tried everything else. This is the type of situation where a medicine can make a huge difference. There are horror stories out there about pills, of course, but we don't get to hear about how many have been helped. Your son isn't happy being out of control. He wants to be a good boy. Therapy and a pill could give you your son back. 8)
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM

This exactly.  I'll be thinking of you.  Keep us updated!

Quoting mem82: Sometimes medication is the best way. You've tried everything else. This is the type of situation where a medicine can make a huge difference. There are horror stories out there about pills, of course, but we don't get to hear about how many have been helped. Your son isn't happy being out of control. He wants to be a good boy. Therapy and a pill could give you your son back. 8)

SamMom912
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Read the explosive child by ross greene or visit his website
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
If he were diabetic, wouldn't you treat that as is medically necessary? I know exactly where you're coming from. The massive misdiagnosis and medication of children is a huge issue, and we've all heard the stories of drugged up zombie kids. But keep an open mind, get second opinions, trust your gut, and work with doctors you trust. It could be a medical situation, or it could be a maturity thing. Explore all the options. Don't lose hope.
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
No, meds are not the end of the world. I had to agree with my own husband to get on meds for add. I thought it was not needed and it was just him, yet things kept getting worse. Now I have my husband back and he can function both at work and at home. I don't like unnecessary medicating, but when it comes down to it actually being needed, that is what it is there for.
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I am trying to have an open mind, bit psychotic meds scare me. I am taking it step by step.

Quoting Leissaintexas: If he were diabetic, wouldn't you treat that as is medically necessary? I know exactly where you're coming from. The massive misdiagnosis and medication of children is a huge issue, and we've all heard the stories of drugged up zombie kids. But keep an open mind, get second opinions, trust your gut, and work with doctors you trust. It could be a medical situation, or it could be a maturity thing. Explore all the options. Don't lose hope.
Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Thanks. I will look into that.

Quoting SamMom912: Read the explosive child by ross greene or visit his website
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)