Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Math

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

This is for my mom, My brother will not be going back to public school, He will be doing classes online, but she was looking for something like a business math for him to do, something he will actually use, Because right now math is his weak point and because how the school handled it he hates to even think about doing math. My mom is having issues finding something like this for him. Any sugestions?

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM
What grade?
crystalplus1
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:19 PM

9th

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: What grade?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I don't know about a specific business math but here are a couple ideas...

Teaching Textbooks is about half a year behind the traditional public school math level. So if you get 6th grade, it's morelike mid-5th.  I have a struggling math kid too. I got him the TT for his grade and he zipped right through it! He aced everything!! It boosted his confidence so much it is amazing!  He will be doing TT Algebra this year (also 9th gr).

Another thought is piecing things together. Make yor own curriculum. I really like Rainbow Resource. They are ahomeschool curriculum co. and put out a HUGE amazing catalog. The Key to... series Key to Algebra, Precents, etc. may be agood way to go. The books are well written and not intimidating at all and percents are very useful! Each book is only $5!  ONE RETAILER

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
mom2gdj
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Foundations in Personal finance from Dave Ramsey or Math Models.

CSM07
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Math u see makes many kids (especially boys) who don't like math more interested in it. I love the program.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)