Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a spare Office 2013 code?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

My kids just got their first laptops (after saving for months!)..they have Microsoft Office 2013 on them, we have a code for 2010..but not 2013.  It is so expensive!  So I was wondering if anyone has an extra code they are willing to share?  I believe you can use it on a certain number of PCs?

Any other advice?

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Oh sweety, I don't have or use Microsoft Office. Hopefully someone will have what you need.
Codysmom2106
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I'm sorry! I wish I did. We pay the $6.99 or whatever it is a month. Good luck though! I hope you find one.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM
I figured out it seems you can only get it by subscription now! I don't think that's right. But I think we found our code for office 2010...so maybe we can download that from the website (they don't let you download 2007, we tried tht last night!). It stinks that they want us to pay a subscription to get the newest version rather than paying one time like it used to be!

Quoting Codysmom2106:

I'm sorry! I wish I did. We pay the $6.99 or whatever it is a month. Good luck though! I hope you find one.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Do you use something else for typing documents and stuff? It's just what I've used for so long I didn't even look into anything else.

Quoting kirbymom: Oh sweety, I don't have or use Microsoft Office. Hopefully someone will have what you need.
collinsmommy0
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I just use google drive for everything
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 21, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol .. Your probably not going to believe me, but we use the computer notepad and input what we need. Or I use my smartphone and send it to the printer.

Quoting TJandKarasMom: Do you use something else for typing documents and stuff? It's just what I've used for so long I didn't even look into anything else.

Quoting kirbymom: Oh sweety, I don't have or use Microsoft Office. Hopefully someone will have what you need.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Someone else told me this today!  I hadn't even thought of that!

Does it just save everything on google or does it take up space on your computer as well?

Quoting collinsmommy0: I just use google drive for everything

mommi2bka
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
You can also get OpenOffice for free which is like Microsoft office. However the nice thing about Google drive is you can access it anywhere.
haskins46563
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I use open office. It's a free download. 

craftyzenmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I LOVE the Drive.... we use it now for everything instead of the Office Suite, even though it's still on our devices. I use Google Docs to "share" assignments with my daughter who is visiting with my parents right now. I write up the assignnment, share it with her, giver her edit privledges and we can chat with each other in a Facetime conversation while she works on her assignment. I can see what see is typing while she is doing it and help her if she needs it... it is SO cool for distance learning. My kids also love it because they can use it wherever they are, if they need to access something or print out a paper they wrote it's right there on their Drive. I love love loveit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN