Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Playing dumb backfires....LOL

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
3 moms liked this

My father often plays dumb with my boys so that they can be proud of what they are learning but here's what happened yesterday...

Quentin (5) with my Dad yesterday...
Q: Hey, Pap. Your name says P-A-P. It starts with 'P'(sound). Do you know what letter says 'p'?
Pap: No. You tell me.
Q: The letter P! I know that 'coz I'm doing lessons now. Maybe you should do lessons. Your name says p-a-p so it's spelled P-A-P.
Later in the car ride home.... Hey, Mom, would you give Pappy lessons? He doesn't know how to spell his name!  And he's old!  He should know this stuff by now.

LOL.  Has playing dumb ever backfired on you?

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rmgriffberg
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM

lol that is too cute!

playing dumb hasnt backfired, but getting my oldest to eat poastoes did. kids loves fries but that is the only form of potatoes he will eat (he is 5). so we had gotten a large bag of potatoes that were on sale and i was sick of him not eating so i showed him a video of how fries are made, hoping he would see it and say "i like fries and they are potato so i will try to eat more potatoes. nope! now he wont eat fries lol.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rmgriffberg:

lol that is too cute!

playing dumb hasnt backfired, but getting my oldest to eat poastoes did. kids loves fries but that is the only form of potatoes he will eat (he is 5). so we had gotten a large bag of potatoes that were on sale and i was sick of him not eating so i showed him a video of how fries are made, hoping he would see it and say "i like fries and they are potato so i will try to eat more potatoes. nope! now he wont eat fries lol.

Ha!  My middle child won't eat potatoes.  No fries, no mashed, none!  And it started very early, we tried mashed potatoes somewhere in the whole applesauce, mashed peas, etc thing and he made faces.  As soon as he learned to spit, those taters would FLY out of his mouth.  So I feel ya!  So he gets a slice of whole wheat toast in the place of potatoes.  He loves it with gravy (instead of mashed taters), cut in strips with dipping ketchup or bbq sauce (like fries), even pull the taters out of soup and drop in toasted bread ripped in chunks.  At least I'm not making my other kids miss out on meals because he hates taters!  But it really bugs up my Irish side!  LOL

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM

OMG!! I thought not eating potaoes was so odd!! My DD doesn't either! Never knew anyone, before her, that didn't like them!

She will eat a few french fries but never a whole order. She may take a few bites if I do au grating potatoes but not any other form. She really does NOT care for rice either.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:45 PM

LOL!  I guess it's more normal than we thought!  

My Levi does like white rice, just boiled and plain, and no other way.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

OMG!! I thought not eating potaoes was so odd!! My DD doesn't either! Never knew anyone, before her, that didn't like them!

She will eat a few french fries but never a whole order. She may take a few bites if I do au grating potatoes but not any other form. She really does NOT care for rice either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)