Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kid-worthy globe

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone have a really sturdy globe? One that isn't going to break the first time it's tossed across the room (or the second or third time! LOL!) 

I am looking at them on Amazon, but it's hard to tell the quality! 

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I bought these tiny little globes at Target for 7 bucks.  Yes they broke, but they popped back together again and lasted out the year.  I refuse to buy a good, big globe until the kiddos are in middle school.  Africa changes its borders too much for me to spend a good deal of money on a globe.  Mostly I just use the globe for finding the continent as compared to here, then move to a printed map of the continent to find the region/country.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I found a blow up beach ball one long ago that was great.  We somehow managed to destroy it after a year or so but it was really sturdy.  I got it online, not sure where.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM
We used a blow up beach ball map too. All of my kids loved it, including my "older" kids. My youngest two loved tossing it back and forth when they waited for the other kids did school. :)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

I found a blow up beach ball one long ago that was great.  We somehow managed to destroy it after a year or so but it was really sturdy.  I got it online, not sure where.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN