Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Co-op vs park play date.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm a little bummed. 3 friends of mine got together & we decided to do a preschool co-op. Basically a rotating play date at each others' houses, with each house offering a few preschool-esk activities and free play.

The mom who was organizing it told everyone she knows about it and now it's over 10 families who want to join.

So she switched to to a park play date. So instead of being at someone's house (easy for me with a 1 & 3 year old), I'll be running around after 2 kids at a park (not easy)

I'm bummed. Not only do I feel like I lost the socialization (for me & for my 3 year old, who does best with a small number of kids) but I'm not really interested in (yet another, we already belong to 2 park play dates that I don't attend) a park play date. :/
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd make a day with the other parents to make it a co-op again.  You may not be the only one who liked the small group.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I agree. Talk to the original people and be honest.
collinsmommy0
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM
But the person who is organizing the whole thin turned it into a big group - I don't want to talk to the other 2 moms and make a group without her (she likes big groups, I don't think she would understand why we would 'exclude others', even though it's not meant to do that)

Quoting Silverkitty:

I'd make a day with the other parents to make it a co-op again.  You may not be the only one who liked the small group.

Bethbeth
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it is ok to invite her to a small group, but tell her what your goals are. And let her know that it's ok if you both are looking for different things and doing something together right now might not work.

Quoting collinsmommy0: But the person who is organizing the whole thin turned it into a big group - I don't want to talk to the other 2 moms and make a group without her (she likes big groups, I don't think she would understand why we would 'exclude others', even though it's not meant to do that)
Quoting Silverkitty:

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Exactly what Beth said..

Quoting Bethbeth:

I think it is ok to invite her to a small group, but tell her what your goals are. And let her know that it's ok if you both are looking for different things and doing something together right now might not work.

Quoting collinsmommy0: But the person who is organizing the whole thin turned it into a big group - I don't want to talk to the other 2 moms and make a group without her (she likes big groups, I don't think she would understand why we would 'exclude others', even though it's not meant to do that)
Quoting Silverkitty:

blessed2bworkin
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Start your own group! Tell the other parents you were excited about the first proposition and not the second. Limit it to the number of families you want and have fun! The park is overrated if it's the same park every week anyway!

MethodMom
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

bummer. I'm sorry. Maybe she was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were interested. Maybe offer to host it at your house once and see if other families will want to join and take a turn. I know how exhausting a park day can be. 

collinsmommy0
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Maybe I'll try that....although I live in a small townhouse. There will be a park opening across the street in a few months.......maybe ill host one then.

I never knew how exhausting park play dates were until I had kids, now I would away rather go somewhere like a kids museum or something instead....

Quoting MethodMom:

bummer. I'm sorry. Maybe she was overwhelmed by the amount of people that were interested. Maybe offer to host it at your house once and see if other families will want to join and take a turn. I know how exhausting a park day can be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN