Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How was your week? Good, Bad or Ugly?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM
  • 80 Replies
Hello! Just thought I would ask ...

How did your week go? Anything exciting or special happen?

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Just hectic. I'm going to have to figure out a different schedule. I'm flirting with the idea of running kindergarten with DS5 on a Saturday - Monday schedule, so that my husband can help re-route the 2 year old (who is wreaking havoc in the house during the week), and running 7th grade Monday - Thursday. We will have co-op all day on Fridays, and it's both a social co-op and an academic co-op, so that should work to get in our hours. 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

KChinapps
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My week was pretty good! The workbooks I bought for my 4 year old came in and that made me pretty happy/excited for this school year to begin. How was your week?

spitfire06
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
It was kind of ugly here ... we don't home school but I need to get dd2 into some kind of learning activity and porty training ha ha :/
SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
It was a good week! Nothing exciting happened, but the girls were excited about starting back up Monday.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We start up Tuesday.
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing out of the ordinary.  It was pretty normal for the most part.  We had company on Friday to hang out with and last Monday we did an egg drop at a friends house.  That was pretty fun.  The problem was that Daddy wanted to talk about what materials they used and go over it with them.....so the used stuff sat on my kitchen counter until I could no longer stand it.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Not how we wanted it to go. Everything was review for this week, and my daughter is taking 20 minutes doing basic basic addition problems... she can't even remember how to multiply or divide suddenly either. This is the most backwards she has ever gone over summer. And because I am focusing on her, Little Man hardly did anything, but then got really sick, so he really didn't do much. I am pretending monday is going to be our first day instead, and hopefully I won't feel as hopeless about this year
AsiaCansler
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty crazy. We start Tuesday so I'm trying to get my house in order. Most of her books have come in but there's still lots of cleaning to do, laundry to put away, etc... Between getting end the of year paperwork end and the beginning of the year paperwork in to the state, I don't feel like I had much of a summer.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Aww! I like your idea, it sounds like a good plan. I hope it works.
I know how much havoc a 2 yr old can cause during school. Good luck!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Just hectic. I'm going to have to figure out a different schedule. I'm flirting with the idea of running kindergarten with DS5 on a Saturday - Monday schedule, so that my husband can help re-route the 2 year old (who is wreaking havoc in the house during the week), and running 7th grade Monday - Thursday. We will have co-op all day on Fridays, and it's both a social co-op and an academic co-op, so that should work to get in our hours. 

StaciF
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Between fevers/rashes/and puking I've had better weeks!! Try again tomorrow :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)