Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Field Trip Fantasies ....

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 43 Replies

I was just sitting here and wondering where I would like to take my kids for a field trip, but couldn't make up my mind on whether it should be a quick trip or a long trip.  So, I am still undecided. 

What about you ?  Do you have any field trip fantasies you would like to take your kids on?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM
My long distance fantasies are a trip to Yellowstone and a trip to Williamsburg, VA. My local and much more mundane ones are trips to the zoo, the aquarium, and a pumpkin patch.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Ooooo, I would love to go to Yellowstone. :)

Quoting Bluecalm: My long distance fantasies are a trip to Yellowstone and a trip to Williamsburg, VA. My local and much more mundane ones are trips to the zoo, the aquarium, and a pumpkin patch.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Eventually we will go to the Smithsonian and Williamsburg, VA(both convo entry near Grammy!) but he's still too young for those now. Next on our local list are the farm(on Saturday) and the pumpkin patch a few weeks into October.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I would not mind a trip to the Smithsonian!
Are you going to make pumpkin pie?

Quoting Molimomma:

Eventually we will go to the Smithsonian and Williamsburg, VA(both convo entry near Grammy!) but he's still too young for those now. Next on our local list are the farm(on Saturday) and the pumpkin patch a few weeks into October.

Oddyssey
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

There are a ton of Field Trip Fantasies that I have, but finances keep us from most of them. 

I am looking forward to taking the boys to the Pumpkin Patch this year and picking out some pumpkins!  And of course, going Trick or Treating is always fun. Not sure if I'd call that a field trip, but it's still an outing. 

I'd love to take them to a museum and the zoo once the weather gets better.  It's just been too hot and rainy for the zoo and DH has been working too much for any museum trips.  Hopefully those will happen in the next couple months. 

I wish I could take the boys up North to see the seasons change, but that's probably not going to happen this year. 

We also have some great places close by, such as The Fountain of Youth and The Alligator Farm that I'd like to take the boys to as well. 

The biggest issue is having time and sitting down to actually schedule these things.  We've just got so much stuff going on right now, it's hard to squeeze things like field trips into our schedule.  I don't know how everyone else does so much!

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM

If I had the money, we'd go to the Smithsonian, Yellowstone and Plymouth for sure.

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I want to take him to DC, the Smithsonian, the Grand Canyon, and a bunch of forts and stuff. 

Mweddle
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I really really really want to take the kids to Niagara falls this year.  Go into Canada for a couple days then to New York and Pennsylvania.  (ROAD TRIP!!!) We would see Niagara Falls, probably the aquarium in Toronto,  the statue of liberty, ground zero, the Hershey factory, Lancaster Pennsylvania, and maybe a few things in Philidelphia.  I don't know if my hubby is going to go for it though because we went on a road trip last year through California. We live in Oklahoma so its a super long drive.  

I also very badly want to go to the Smithsonians and DC but I want to wait a few years until they are a little older.  My youngest is 5 and oldest is 8.

Ultimate fantasy: England and China but I dont see how we could ever afford to take ourselves and four kids over seas.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM

The fountain of youth??  What's that?   

Quoting Oddyssey:

There are a ton of Field Trip Fantasies that I have, but finances keep us from most of them. 

I am looking forward to taking the boys to the Pumpkin Patch this year and picking out some pumpkins!  And of course, going Trick or Treating is always fun. Not sure if I'd call that a field trip, but it's still an outing. 

I'd love to take them to a museum and the zoo once the weather gets better.  It's just been too hot and rainy for the zoo and DH has been working too much for any museum trips.  Hopefully those will happen in the next couple months. 

I wish I could take the boys up North to see the seasons change, but that's probably not going to happen this year. 

We also have some great places close by, such as The Fountain of Youth and The Alligator Farm that I'd like to take the boys to as well. 

The biggest issue is having time and sitting down to actually schedule these things.  We've just got so much stuff going on right now, it's hard to squeeze things like field trips into our schedule.  I don't know how everyone else does so much!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Those are all great places to go.   :) 

Quoting amonkeymom:

If I had the money, we'd go to the Smithsonian, Yellowstone and Plymouth for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)