Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you find art & science projects?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 2 Replies

Where do you find ideas for your art and science projects?  

My son is 13, so I'm finding it harder to find projects for him that aren't too babyish.  Any suggestions?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jlee4249
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

YouTube has TONS of videos on art projects sponsored by the makers of art supplies... But they're cool.  Just search art or craft and search through.  Some are really fun.

we have about seven different books on science lab and science fair projects... A science fair project would be helpful, since it usually requires more than a day to complete. (?) 

gkamom
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

There are plenty of projects available.

HHMI has the entire Biology and AP Biology curriculum along with other supporting projects. They give you every thing, including teacher guides and answer keys. It think it is just HHMI.com, but if you search HHMI you will get many links. Some of the links are for teacher web pages, but I have found great content on teacher websites. You don't have to like all the teacher's curriculum. I pick and chose.

If you search, for "middle school science syllabus" a bunch of teacher websites will pop up. or "high School".

There are some other resources but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Also, it really depends what you ar studying. There are Resources for many different  concepts. They generally tend to be grouped. So if you are studying ecology you would look one place and biology in another. Usualy, if you can find some good teacher websites they will have a list of links. Even though the links might be for a specific activity that the teacher is doing you can check them out by going to the home page. I find that most have a search box.

National Geographics Education page also has a wide range of activities. If you were studying geology, you might be able to find an activity where you build a "river" and see what happens when it floods. This might suggest you try it with different materials as the "ground". This is not something that I have actually seen, but an idea of what they might have.

The PBS education site also has science with programs like NOVA.

I'll post more if I come across them.

Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)