• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

How do you ladies handle a day where everything hits every moment of the day? What do you do to keep from breaking down? 

I guess I am just venting at the moment. I am having one of those days, several days in a row. Trying to maintain an air of adultness, is that even a word?, trying to keep the kids from being scared that daddy is in the hospital(again) while keeping up with their schooling, keeping the business going, and keeping the disgruntled customers happy and not losing their tempers.  Right now, i hate customer service. I just wanna sit here and cry. But, I'm not. I have to keep a calm face so everyone else can too. 

I have such wonderful kids too. They are all such troopers. Every last one of them. 

Okay. Vent over.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Well, I have lost it in front of the kids.

I have given myself time outs.  I have told DH, "You're it! I'm outta here! "and ran away for a few hours.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Did it work???

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I have given myself time outs.  I have told DH, "You're it! I'm outta here! "and ran away for a few hours.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah! I may take my dog and go to the park, or take a book and go out and hang out at a restaurant or somewhere. It helps me relax and refocus. Usually, while I am gone DH will hang with the kids and get them turned around so we are all in a better mood when I get back.

I have made dedicated me time and that is a HUGE help. On Mondays I go play cribbage at the Elks lodge and have a couple margaritas and some adult conversation.

For a while I was doing karate twice aweek. Kicking the crap out of someone/something can be a great release. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Did it work???

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/98, 1st Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama! You are going through some rough stuff right now. Breaking down and crying isn't a bad thing. Don't do it in front of the customers though. :) Take time for yourself, even if it is only 5 minutes in the bathroom!
mom2gdj
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Dad is in the hospital? I hope he gets better soon. School can wait until dad is out. 

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I hope your dh is feeling better. I would give the kids easy lessons right now.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

So would love to do this right now! LOL

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Oh yeah! I may take my dog and go to the park, or take a book and go out and hang out at a restaurant or somewhere. It helps me relax and refocus. Usually, while I am gone DH will hang with the kids and get them turned around so we are all in a better mood when I get back.

I have made dedicated me time and that is a HUGE help. On Mondays I go play cribbage at the Elks lodge and have a couple margaritas and some adult conversation.

For a while I was doing karate twice aweek. Kicking the crap out of someone/something can be a great release. LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Did it work???

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank You! :)

I almost broke down in front of a customer, but I held it together, thank goodness.

I shall try and take time for myself. No guarantees though.

Quoting kmath: Hugs mama! You are going through some rough stuff right now. Breaking down and crying isn't a bad thing. Don't do it in front of the customers though. :) Take time for yourself, even if it is only 5 minutes in the bathroom!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:04 PM

lol No. Not my dad. My kids' dad. My hubby.

Thanks! 

Quoting mom2gdj:

Dad is in the hospital? I hope he gets better soon. School can wait until dad is out. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Aww, thank you. 

Quoting Bluecalm: I'm sorry you're going through a rough time. I hope your dh is feeling better. I would give the kids easy lessons right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)