• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving Plans?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Do you take the week off? 

Do crafts?

What does your week look like?

We are taking the week off and doing a deep clean on the house.  My oldest two go to a Charter school and they have school 2 days then they are off the rest of the week.  Wednesday we all start baking

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuLo6
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
We are taking the week off. Possibly doing some crafts. I also need to do some cleaning. We will go to my families Wednesday and stay through the weekend.
Lordgodempress
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Quoting LuLo6: We are taking the week off. Possibly doing some crafts. I also need to do some cleaning. We will go to my families Wednesday and stay through the weekend.

All of our family lives 2 states away and I am not interested in traveling over the holidays lol so it's just us, but we have a good time.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My son HATES off days so we are taking Thursday & Friday off and that's it. I have school plans through Wednesday. He's a Kindy so it's all Thanksgiving themed anyway but still Math, Soc. Studies, Reading, Writing, fine motor, craft/art. I'm hoping since DH will be home from work Thurs/Fri he won't give me too much grief about not doing school but by Sunday he'll probably be circling like a shark trying to get started on next week's stuff. Why I adore his enthusiasm I wish he liked breaks as much as I do!

My mom is coming for a week at Christmas and then my DH's sis, her kids, and mother are all coming in the day my mom leaves on their way back to their house in AZ from their road trip to FL so we are DEFINITELY taking a Christmas break whether he likes it or not!

jjchick75
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We are taking the week off, too busy not to lol. I have lots of crafts planned to keep them busy while I clean and cook the next few days. For Thanksgiving everyone is coming here and It's going to busy but fun.
coala
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

We are in the middle of our "summer vacation".  We will be doing some crafts today and then the girls are going to have PS friend spend the night tonight.  All the girls (including friend) will be going to another friend's house tomorrow.  Wednesday my girls and several friends are going to an all day skate at the skating rink.  I can drop them off and leave.....I can't wait.  I've never been able to drop my youngest off anywhere for any activity and leave.  The staff at the rink is familiar enough with her allergies that they can handle her.  Friday I'm taking them back to the rink for all day skate again.  I'm going to soak up my day of NO children on Friday.  Thursday we will be at a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner.  This is my favorite week of the year.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We take the week off. It's the only Holiday that we take this much time for. I will say though, that we end up with some schooling getting done anyway.

kmath
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We were going to work Mon-wed. I didn't get around to lesson plans and I have homework. So most likely we will take the week off. We are way ahead so I am not worried about it.
manders018
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM

We are doing a light week. Math, English, and Reading but taking a break from the other stuff. We will be traveling and there's too much for mom to do to get ready for that to have full days.

FallMama
by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM

We're finishing up our unit study, and I planned for it to be lighter this week so we'll be schooling.  We're definitely taking Thanksgiving off, and of course things don't always go to plan because we ended up taking yesterday off as well lol.  Today we will be doing some cooking and baking so the girls will be working the math and following instructions, as well as learning a whole bunch of "food stuff" lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)