• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's still "break" but I'm ready for him to start doing school again!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I crave routine and while my son doesn't want to start doing his school work again, I am more than ready to get him back on a schedule and get him back to learning!  He does have some catch up work to do this week, so we'll be working on that.

Are you ready to get back to normal, too?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I totallyy get this. I like routine and the peace of school days.

We are also doing catch up work this week as my high-school boys are behind and DD needs work on math.
manders018
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Iam ready to beback in my routine!

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't have a routine really, but if I hear "I'm bored" one more time we are going to bust out the school books!
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:43 PM

We are starting back tomorrow morning. I took a brief stab at working and homeschooling this month and it did not work very well so they've had about 3 weeks off.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are extremely careful not to say that at our house. They've learned that they'll end up with a chore if I hear it :)

Quoting kmath: We don't have a routine really, but if I hear "I'm bored" one more time we are going to bust out the school books!

coala
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We are ready for our new year to start.  We have been out of routine for 2 1/2 mos.  I've spent the last 2 days prepping folders and getting things in order to start on the 5th.  I'm almost ready....I've got a few more things to label and go through before we get started.  I think I'm more excited than they are.  LOL

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, if we were at home he wouldn't say it.  We are at family's though and he thinks I won't give him chores at other people's houses.  He is so wrong.  Just haven't had anything to give him till now.  :) 

Quoting Pukalani79:

My kids are extremely careful not to say that at our house. They've learned that they'll end up with a chore if I hear it :)

Quoting kmath: We don't have a routine really, but if I hear "I'm bored" one more time we are going to bust out the school books!

DamianZ_mommy
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
We are getting started this morning they don't like that their cousin who is in public school is off when they have to do school but they had last week off and this will make up for missed days.

And good ideas both of you. "I'm bored" is making me involuntarily twitch.

I remind them that they just got toys. And they look at me like they don't know what to do with them lol. Learnibg and chores is a great idea.
Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never been one to require routine. I'm very flexible, and have some unschooling tendencies. Plus, my kids are older and out of the "I'm bored" phase. I'm in no hurry to start back.I've got too much else to do lol.
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
We got a touchscreen laptop from a relative for Christmas and my 7 year old has been begging to do his online work. I haven't pulled out any textbooks or workbooks though. We're on vacation so we've been pretty busy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)