Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Gulp* I've made my choice. I brought her home. Now what? LOL

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ugh this was nerve wracking! Dh wasn't for it initially but with your guy's support I decided a few months off of second grade the summer couldn't hurt. Audi was delighted! She couldn't wait to start!

First thing I did was go to her school last Monday and let the office know. The principal was horrified,lol. He asked why and if Audi knew. I assured him she did and it was her choice. He grilled me about the legality of it until an office lady informed him that I knew what I was doing since I was already homeschooling my son. I got her paper and that was that. The next day her teacher called and tried to guilt me into bringing Audi back. Then to at least bring Audi so she could guilt dd say goodbye. Audi said no.

Next I tested her and she scored early 3rd grade in Language Arts and Math! Doesn't surprise me,lol. Now I just have to get her work together.

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Here's my plan for our day right now. Feedback would be great!

I'm going to half unschool and half traditional school her. From 8 to 10 we'll just hang out. Watch T.V., play games, whatever. From 10 to 12 I'll have her work on math and grammar W/S, creative writting, cursive and math facts on the computer. Then 12 to 2 is park/P.E./lunch/History lessons. 2-3:30 free time. 3:30 to 5 is science and outside play.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a great plan to me. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

Here's my plan for our day right now. Feedback would be great!

I'm going to half unschool and half traditional school her. From 8 to 10 we'll just hang out. Watch T.V., play games, whatever. From 10 to 12 I'll have her work on math and grammar W/S, creative writting, cursive and math facts on the computer. Then 12 to 2 is park/P.E./lunch/History lessons. 2-3:30 free time. 3:30 to 5 is science and outside play.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Awesome! Of course you know what your doing. Duh.

You got a smart one there. She knows her own mind already. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

Ugh this was nerve wracking! Dh wasn't for it initially but with your guy's support I decided a few months off of second grade the summer couldn't hurt. Audi was delighted! She couldn't wait to start!

First thing I did was go to her school last Monday and let the office know. The principal was horrified,lol. He asked why and if Audi knew. I assured him she did and it was her choice. He grilled me about the legality of it until an office lady informed him that I knew what I was doing since I was already homeschooling my son. I got her paper and that was that. The next day her teacher called and tried to guilt me into bringing Audi back. Then to at least bring Audi so she could guilt dd say goodbye. Audi said no.

Next I tested her and she scored early 3rd grade in Language Arts and Math! Doesn't surprise me,lol. Now I just have to get her work together.

Precious333
by Julia on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Yay! You got this :)
bugayfamilyof4
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM
I am happy you brought her home !!! Now her adventures can begin.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah,lol. Audi said she'd talk to her on the phone but that's it. We ended up not going back at all.

Quoting kirbymom:

Awesome! Of course you know what your doing. Duh.

You got a smart one there. She knows her own mind already. :)

Quoting paganbaby:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM

happy dance

Quoting Precious333: Yay! You got this :)

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

coala
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!!  You got this momma!!!

manders018
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Congrats and good luck!

bluerooffarm
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Sounds like a great plan!  May I suggest Readingeggspress?  My kids love it and it's a great way for me to see how their reading level is improving.  Plus it reminded me of a few things I had "missed" with my middle.  (Searching through a paper dictionary!  We use dictionary.com so often that it just slipped my mind.  embarrassed mini)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)