Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tempting....

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
DD, who is in kindergarten at the local public school, comes home with a folder/book of decode sight words yesterday. We are supposed to "go over" them each night and after they read the book associated with them the next day they get tested on them. The teacher does not review them at any point. If they get them all they get a sticker and prize from the prize box.

I already know the only teaching that goes on is during calendar time and now I'm assigned parent homework aka teach your own kid work. I so wanna pull DD out now. Send in her letter of intent so in two weeks we could start homeschooling.
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:12 PM

If this is what you want and its the best thing for youand your family, I say...Go For It!! :)

Quoting Jennanonymous: DD, who is in kindergarten at the local public school, comes home with a folder/book of decode sight words yesterday. We are supposed to "go over" them each night and after they read the book associated with them the next day they get tested on them. The teacher does not review them at any point. If they get them all they get a sticker and prize from the prize box. I already know the only teaching that goes on is during calendar time and now I'm assigned parent homework aka teach your own kid work. I so wanna pull DD out now. Send in her letter of intent so in two weeks we could start homeschooling.

kmath
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:14 PM
Go for it! Take her out and Deschool her for a little while. She will learn more at home apparently.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)