Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Hotseat Mama is ...No_Difference! YAY! :)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:45 AM
  • 13 Replies

The Hot Seat: Microsoft, Google & Craigslist

Final Word: Facebook posters in hot seat for using LOL

How many kids do you have?

How long have you been homeschooling?

Why did you choose homeschooling?

What is your favorite subject?

Least favorite subject?

you rock

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you traveled much, if so where have you been?  What is your favorite place to visit?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Mar. 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
Favorite type.of pet? Any would would never have/allow?
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

How long have you been homeschooling?  I think it's been 4 1/2 years now... that sounds right.

Why did you choose homeschooling? The schools around by me are awful...Jamie did her K yr in a Maryland public school and did awesome. We moved to WV because it was cheaper and we were moving out of base housing because it was falling down on top of us and they wouldn't do anything to fix it. We lasted only 1 semester at the WV school her 1st grade year. The work was basically the same as her K work was, the staff would constantly lie to us, and terrorize her, and they never did anything about the brat who daily would poke her in the eye with a pencil, and the most they did was give her a paper towel with an ice cue, but would never check after the paper towel was soaked and the ice cube was melted and she was still putting a dirty paper towel to her eye. SO many eye infections.... Our last straw was when the kid cut her hair and they didn't even bother to call us.  Other reasons for pulling her out included the teachers telling her she was reading and adding wrong, and would never let her work at her level. It was a nightmare to get her confidence back with school work...we're actually STILL working on that.... 

What is your favorite subject? I love history :) 

Least favorite subject? Hmm....economics??? Least favorite subject to teach...writing...I think...It's one of those I know what I'm doing but apparently can't explain it well :/ 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:03 PM

LOL - Apparently you can't remember how many kids you have!

hahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

How long have you been homeschooling?  I think it's been 4 1/2 years now... that sounds right.

Why did you choose homeschooling? The schools around by me are awful...Jamie did her K yr in a Maryland public school and did awesome. We moved to WV because it was cheaper and we were moving out of base housing because it was falling down on top of us and they wouldn't do anything to fix it. We lasted only 1 semester at the WV school her 1st grade year. The work was basically the same as her K work was, the staff would constantly lie to us, and terrorize her, and they never did anything about the brat who daily would poke her in the eye with a pencil, and the most they did was give her a paper towel with an ice cue, but would never check after the paper towel was soaked and the ice cube was melted and she was still putting a dirty paper towel to her eye. SO many eye infections.... Our last straw was when the kid cut her hair and they didn't even bother to call us.  Other reasons for pulling her out included the teachers telling her she was reading and adding wrong, and would never let her work at her level. It was a nightmare to get her confidence back with school work...we're actually STILL working on that.... 

Least favorite subject? Hmm....economics??? Least favorite subject to teach...writing...I think...It's one of those I know what I'm doing but apparently can't explain it well :/ 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

We've traveled a lot thanks to hubby being in the Army...not as much as I would've liked, and we had an overseas station ripped from under us days before moving multiple times...*sigh* 

We are originally from Wisconsin, and we've traveled the state extensively.
Hubby was in basic training at Ft Benning in GA, where I got to learn never ask directions again unless you understand "loopy-dee-loop" and "curly ques" as parts of roads.... My brother also went to college at GA tech and Morehouse, so I've been to Atlanta quite a bit. The two times we visited him my parents drove there and back from WI, one of the trips we stopped at EVERY President Lincoln site along the way, Mamoth Cave, and Ruby Falls. That was a very fun trip :)  
After basic training, we moved to Ft Hood Tx, and he deployed shortly afterwards. A week later, someone followed Jamie and I home from the park, and for the next 18 months we were never in one place for more than 2 weeks, and I only came back to TX if someone was with me. We were told that hubby would be staying at Ft Hood for awhile, so we bought a house while he was deployed (about 2 months before he came back & was the ONLY time I stayed in TX alone and for longer than 2 weeks). A friend came down to visit and we went on a fun adventure touring Austin and San Antonio, the Natural Bridge Wildlife Preserve & Caverns in Nocadoches (sp?). Also a very fun trip...filled with tons of adventure and craziness (like having to ask the car insurance company if they provided rhino coverage...just in case....not really, but we did joke about it lol) 
After hubby got back, we stayed in TX for a few months, and then got orders to Ft Gordon in GA. We drove through New Orleans and spent the night there on our way. We didn't leave the Augusta area much for the year we were there...and not much exploring was done. Hubby had pretty severe PTSD and was refusing to seek treatment for it and it was an all around miserable year....and to top it off, I was pregnant with Riley...
After that we moved to Ft Detrick in Frederick MD (his last duty station), and we explored a lot of DC, many of the local battlefields, including the short tirps out to Gettysburg multiple times.
After a year in base housing we moved here to WV, and our favorite day trips are at Harpers Ferry & Anteitam.

I honestly don't know which trip has ever been my favorite, and I don't know where my favorite is. At least where we are now, I really do like the hikes at Harpers Ferry. It's peaceful and has beautiful views. I'll be happy if I never have to go back to TX again though. That was definitely not the life for me lol.  

Quoting kmath:

Have you traveled much, if so where have you been?  What is your favorite place to visit?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We have lots of pets :) 

We have a crested gecko name Splat (I don't have any pictures of him though...he's difficult to get a good shot of since he likes to hide) 

We have a veiled chameleon named Pascal (naturally lol)

We have a rabbit named Cherokee (Jamie's money maker at the county fair) he is a French Angora

& We have a dog named Jack (Captain Jack Sparrow actually lol) He is a Coton de Tulear

I love cats, but hubby is deathly allergic so that'll never happen, but I love dogs too...which he's also allergic to, so Jack has hair and not fur...just like the rabbit has wool instead of fur (and hubby is surprisingly not allergic to him either....). I've totally fallen in love with Jack's breed :) 

We will never ever have snakes.... and I think I'm reaching my limit on lizzards lol. The bigger they are, the more creeped out I get...and I'm not a fan of the crickets they eat.  We did have praying mantisis for awhile...but no more bugs either lol.  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Do you have pets? If so, what kind? Favorite type.of pet? Any would would never have/allow?

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL Whoops I missed one....

ITS A TRICK QUESTION!!!  4...I mean 2...I mean?! lol
2 technically...unless you count hubby an the dog...then it's 4....  

Quoting kirbymom:

hahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting No_Difference:

LOL Whoops I missed one....ITS A TRICK QUESTION!!!  4...I mean 2...I mean?! lol 2 technically...unless you count hubby an the dog...then it's 4....  

Quoting kirbymom:

hahahahaha

Quoting No_Difference:

cajunniki90
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

kirbymom
by Sonja on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Do you sing in the bath or shower?

Do you dance in the skivvy's?

What is your favorite song?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)