• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your homeschool have a name?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:58 AM
  • 49 Replies

Our state doesn't require homeschools to be registered or attached to any public or private school. I am in the process of writing my letter to the school to withdraw my daughter and thought that a listing a name of the school I was transferring her to would be nice.

When we homeschooled a few years ago our name was Lucas Learning Academy (my last name)... but as I'm typing the letter it looked silly transferring her to a school with my last name. Plus my older children don't share that name, so I thought a change was due.

I've been tinkering about with possibilities and a silly online name generator and came up with Wing Song Accademy... but I'm not sure I like the feeling of academy because it sounds so rigid. Any thoughts or ideas?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry... ours is not named.. we just have to fill out a Declaration of Intent through the State BOE. It is online, you just fill in the kids' names, ages, and the start/end dates along with a signature. That is all the info they require of us in GA. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
We use Adventure Academy when I need to put a school name on anything, usually field trip reservations or my Staples Teacher card.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I like Adventure Academy! That sounds like fun! 

I call ours Spradley Academy.

VivaciousFaith
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I call ours wildflower preschool.
dee1603
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:55 AM
2 moms liked this
My house, (lol sorry, didn't even read the post, just couldn't resist the opportunity to make a joke)
Lordgodempress
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

My daughter named ours the Messy Cedar Academy.  I have never had to put a school name on anything, but she enjoys telling everyone that's the school she goes to so I go along with it. lol

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Ours is Tora May Academy (my old CB handle). I chose Academy because they make you write the school name in the place, but at the end of the spot to write it, they have "school", so the name would be ____Home School_____ school.

CherryAnn5
by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Most traditional schools are named after the streets they are on, the community they are in or after a famous educator. 

I wanted to look legit so I named mine after our street. That way it matches our adress. Then I just added Academy. 

No offence but wind song sounds like a hippy commune. I like it, but it will not look good on a transcript! 

So..Boring is better

libbybell
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
A.N.K. Academy....my daughter's initials. My husband suggested " Flying blue pony school". I am not as creative as he is :)
Wantn1more
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:06 AM

My daughter struggles with learning and emotional disabilities, so that's kind of what I was going for.

quotingCherryAnn5:

Most traditional schools are named after the streets they are on, the community they are in or after a famous educator

I wanted to look legit so I named mine after our street. That way it matches our adress. Then I just added Academy. 

No offence but wind song sounds like a hippy commune. I like it, but it will not look good on a transcript! 

So..Boring is better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)