• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day to day starts....

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

How do you start your day ....

and what do you start your homeschool days lessons with first?

puppy

by on May. 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmath
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM
I start it with a pepsi and dealing with the dog! Lol. Our homeschool day starts differently everyday. D picks what he wants to work on when. So it tends to change daily.
kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM

lol - Pepsi huh? :)

Quoting kmath: I start it with a pepsi and dealing with the dog! Lol. Our homeschool day starts differently everyday. D picks what he wants to work on when. So it tends to change daily.

coala
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:12 PM

I start with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal.

My girls start the school day with a bible lesson.

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:15 PM
I don't do coffee so I have to get my caffeine somewhere! Lol

Quoting kirbymom:

lol - Pepsi huh? :)

Quoting kmath: I start it with a pepsi and dealing with the dog! Lol. Our homeschool day starts differently everyday. D picks what he wants to work on when. So it tends to change daily.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:32 PM

I wish I could say I start my day with an hour at the gym or a nice jog but honestly my day starts sometime around 6:30 when my son wakes up(if I'm LUCKY it's 6:30) and then he watches Disney Junior why putter on Facebook and motivate myself to make breakfast. School starts whenever the boy and I get moving but usually around 8:30/9 AM. We usually start with one of the games on the floor or a craft project and work up to the paperwork. Our read Aloud is almost always last before we break for lunch.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Every day is different. I can only hope that I can get an hr of quiet to myself in the morning, but that usually doesn't happen, and as summer approaches closer and closer, we will be getting up earlier and earlier for those lovely morning practices for swim....ugh.... Soon I will start adding in a morning run too theoretically, but that may end up being 5 am for me to get up, and that just does not sound appealing lol

suziejax
by on May. 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM

I have homeschooled for so long now our start of the day has changed so much over the years as their seasons of life change. Now my oldest is done with homeschooling but I still have my 15 year old whom I homeschool. She has a set time she must be up & dressed by. She must be starting on work around 9:30 ish. Most of her work is self work. A few times a week we sit and go over work, I help her understand stuff etc... that normally happens after lunch at what we call Table Time at the kitchen table. She does most of her work in her room at her desk she likes better. Mid week she was going to outsourced classes too for half a day. Last week is this week. Next year it will change a bit. She will have classes mid morning on Tuesday & thursdays we have to travel 30 mins away for. So she will no longer be in the mid week classes. Some mornings ( I have done this ever since they were young) at random not every day we will sit and read a verse or talk about God & pray for people together.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:09 PM

I have way different grades, so they do no subjects together (oldes is in 8th grade; other two are in first grade and preschool).

We DO start the day together with "Morning Meeting." Morning Meeting is a morning offering, a decade of the rosary (or going to Mass), recitation, and a saint story geared towards the younger kiddos (I read DD13 saint stories and religious books more geared to teens during her religion class).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bluerooffarm
by Group Admin on May. 6, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Ours is different all the time.  This week it's starting out with changing the water and feeding the peeps, changing their bedding and taking the crate temperature.  Then everyone washes thier hands and chips in taking care of the other animals....goats, big chickens, dogs, and cats.  Then take care of the tadpoles.

They're learning a whole load about life cycles!

Lordgodempress
by on May. 6, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I start it with coffee, lots of coffee.  DD plays in the morning until 9 or 10 then we start with vision therapy homework and violin practice and then move into school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)