Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So ready to be done!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM
  • 11 Replies

Am I the only one who gets like this in the spring? Please say I'm not! :)

I think we are at around 175 days, so about 5 more to go and we can call this school year done. We put away our Sonlight stuff several weeks ago and have been just doing news, workbooks (geography, handwriting, spelling), piano, and math each day. Just finished our co-op on Monday, it won't start again til September. We're just like, DONE, mentally, I think. 

My kids are going to have to do some school work over the summer mainly to finish their math programs (they are all about 85% done with it, we got off track on that), and I want to be able to count a lot of days as half days so that when our new baby comes in August-ish, we can take a few weeks off without falling too far behind. But we are going to FL next week and I am SO READY FOR THE FULL ON BREAK! 

by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lordgodempress
by on May. 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM

We have started going slower, we play games and watch videos, and generally do fun educational things but I am also ready for a break.   This was our first year and it was a success but I'm ready to sleep in  and not worry about keeping track of attendance for a few months. 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:41 AM

We really only have Math left. We stopped Science, and are just going to do the last unit from scratch over the summer. We're doing a few history things yet too, but nothing huge or in depth. We're still working on spelling with my little guy just to finish the program out. It makes it hard to keep going when we barely have half a day of stuff left to do! 

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:17 PM

We finished math a couple of weeks ago!  So he has just been doing Prodigy and MobyMax.  We are so done here as well and we still need 20 something days.  We are down to finishing all of our projects, and doing science (because he loves it) and finishing his grammar.  We are getting ready to go into summer mode and just do math and reading.  We won't have a full week off for a little while though.

mcginnisc
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:19 PM

We were finished on the 1st. We are taking all of this month off and will resume on June 1st. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Ugh, I am so over it! We are doing Kindergarten and my son LOVES it, all of it, but I'm fried. I'm sick of doing lesson plans, sick of planning whatever theme is next, just uninspired and burned out but I'm hiding it because I want to keep up my son's enthusiasm. We are doing space/solar system next week and I'm VERY tempted to be done. We've been going strong since July 28th and have seriously gone above and beyond for a 5 year old so I would feel no guilt if we quit then and took off until the end of July again...we'll see.

RCHOUDH
by on May. 8, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I'm also pretty much done! My kids pretty much completed their math, science and social studies curricula (son still has a couple of math lessons to go) and we're just planning on focusing on English and foreign language over the summer. Can't wait for June to come!!

Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM
We'll go to the end of this month, then June and part of July is full of church camp, a trip with their Nana, vbs work, and vacation. Then back at it mid July.
collinsmommy0
by Kim on May. 8, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Sort of.....I'm doing prek3 with my son this year - fairly laid back, but I do a calendar time with fun songs and activities then an art project a few times a week (2-3 times). I'm burnt out on it by now - mostly because with a 4 year old and a 1 year old often it takes more time to set up the activity then actually do it.

We are on a break now & the issue is my 4 year old asks for calendar time now every day plus asks for art projects like 4-5 times a day. So I'm still doing everything, just not planning it (like this week we made play doh, did surprise play doh balls, dS colored about 10 invisible ink pages & did a tracing book, plus coloring and drawing). I'd almost rather have stuff prepared so I'm not trying to prep and do the activity with 2 kids waiting for stuff
mamatink7
by on May. 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Heck no you're not the only one!!! Only 2 weeks left. How do you like the program? What levels are you doing? Do you use one for couple age/ grade groups or are kiddos to far apart?
We will be getting one for two grades, I tend to incorporate many other homeschooling activities which is how I make that work.
Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on May. 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Here in Texas Spring is nice and summer is horrid, so I'm planning to homeschool most of the summer so I can spend more time doing other outdoorsy stuff now with him. I'm not totally getting off homeschool because it's so dang hard to start up again after a break. I was getting burnt out earlier...like about a month and a half ago, but now I feel like I've got my second wind and things are going well and I'm finally getting the hang of this thing and don't want to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)