Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any one working straight through the Summer?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

We normally follow somehting of a year round schedule...but this year we had some delays as well as a baby due in September...so we are going straight through the Summer. Yes, we will take some days off and still have plenty of fun, but it will be school as usual the rest of the Summer. Depending on where we are, we might take a couple weeks off at the end of July.

I'm looking for another mom or two who are working straight through as well. Could use someone to chat with. All my other homeschool mom friends are on vacation. :)

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well we have fhinished for grade 9. But I have all my new 10th grade resources and I am icthing to go now but dd wants a bit of a break so I am letting her have a little time but when we do start back early we will go lighltly very light and work our way back to full time day in fall. She wants to graduate early so thats why we will start soon with at least some work.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM

We do a relaxed schedule over the summer, but we still do school.  He will get a couple weeks off for vacation, but we take a ton of time through the year when we can actually do stuff without all the people around!

melindabelcher
by Mel on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM
We school all year round
luckyinlife
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We school year round. We like to take breaks at our leisure.
tiredmomfor2
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Do you follow a certain schedule of so many weeks on and off? Or just keep going until you need a break...or take random days off?

Quoting melindabelcher: We school all year round
happymomof2
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:34 PM
I am doing math with my son, all summer. He is having trouble getting it. We go full time the Monday after they get back from camp. August 17.
melindabelcher
by Mel on Jun. 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM
We have gone through periods of time when life was cool calm and collected and followed a great schedule. Other times when we've been so busy it was lots of little bits of homeschooling throughout the day and there's other times when we've been so busy weeks go by with minimal "formal/traditional style" schooling. But there's never a day we don't do something learning/educational related.
We are in the middle of a move and schooling is sporadic we got a good amount done today and we will in the next couple days. Not sure where next week will take us.

Quoting tiredmomfor2: Do you follow a certain schedule of so many weeks on and off? Or just keep going until you need a break...or take random days off?

Quoting melindabelcher: We school all year round
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:15 PM
We go year-round, but are more relaxed in summer.
jen2150
by on Jun. 13, 2015 at 6:42 AM
We are working around our vacations and field trips. Very similar to the school year. 😁 We are getting in one week in june, 2 in july and 3 weeks in august.
Oddyssey
by Member on Jun. 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM

I'm planning to do a year-round schedule. But we're just going to be officially starting Kindergarten this fall. We did Pre-K, but we weren't registered with the school system.  He's still learning, but it's more relaxed now that summer has hit.  Once I get him registered, I may have to adhere to a more specific schedule according to what our county requires, but I will still continue lessons (even if unofficially) during the summer because I can tell that's just what my boys will more than likely need... to keep them on track and keep their minds going.  My soon-to-be 5 yr old actually asks for his lessons!  (hope that keeps up for a while!  LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)