Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have a dedicated space?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM
  • 23 Replies
Do you have a dedicated classroom space in your home?

I'm thinking that if we start homeschooling I'd turn part of my dining room into our "class room". Put up posters and a whiteboard and things of the sort. That way my daughter feels more at school than at home some.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by Kim on Sep. 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Not really, no. We don't have space. But I generally do our circle time (reading, songs, etc) on the couch & set up art projects on the dining room table. I do have a deviated space to store the materials (office closet)
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I do. It should be a formal dining room in the floor plan but when we moved in we referred to it as "the big empty room"for a year. I have a table with a bench for me & DS to sit for his paperwork, a big area rug where we do the rest of our work, an easel with a dry erase board, and then we do story time on the couch. Below is a picture from about a month ago...

Jennanonymous
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Love your US states rug!

Quoting Molimomma:

I do. It should be a formal dining room in the floor plan but when we moved in we referred to it as "the big empty room"for a year. I have a table with a bench for me & DS to sit for his paperwork, a big area rug where we do the rest of our work, an easel with a dry erase board, and then we do story time on the couch. Below is a picture from about a month ago...

Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:53 PM
We don't. We school all over, but usually on the couch. If we need space to spread out a project, we use the kitchen table. But generally, my kids are curled up on the couch or piled on my bed. I want it to look as little like public school as possible!
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM

We do too! My son loves geography and maps so I knew he would love it as soon as I saw it. I knew we needed a rug because we do a lot of work on the floor(games, puzzles, work trays) and the wood floor isn't exactly cozy! I love how colorful/cheerful it is!

Quoting Jennanonymous: Love your US states rug!
Quoting Molimomma:

debramommyof4
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:35 PM
We did mostly to have a room. However we are now schooling from a travel trailer. So we homeschool out of crates. Each kid has one aND most of their stuff goes in there. The rest goes in to long cabinets.
LostTheSlipper
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Yep. Ours is our dining room and its just like you are talking. Whiteboard, posters, bookshelf, table which is half for doing is work with his computer on the other half.

mcginnisc
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Yes...we have a school room. Our girls share a room now so we could have a school room.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

kmath
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
We did have one but we never use it. We tend to just school where ever. About 90% of the time we chill on my bed and work. Or we work outside.
sleepy_in_va
by on Sep. 26, 2015 at 8:08 AM
Quoting kmath: We did have one but we never use it. We tend to just school where ever. About 90% of the time we chill on my bed and work. Or we work outside.

Seeing all the replies about working where ever( couch, bed) is do interesting. I'm trying to figure out what my daughter wants. She asked where we would put her desk. I was a little puzzled and told her we could use the dinning room table as her desk. But with her ADHD and possible autism something wasn't computing to her because she didn't know where she would put her books. So I may need to look for a small desk for her some where.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)