Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Introduce Yourself Here ...

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome     
Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! 

We are delighted you have decided to join our little group.  πŸ’– 

This is a place where you can come and get tips and advice or use any of the resources posted. We talk about everything from homeschooling to crafts and projects to recipes and home decor and more.

So come and relax, join any of one of the conversations going.  Or, feel free to start a conversation of your own. We love to chat.  β˜ΊοΈ
teacher

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

• What drew you to homeschooling?   
  • How long have you been homeschooling? 
  • How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling? 
  • What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today?

We hope that you will enjoy your time on the Homeschooling Moms group!

Sonja 

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM
Replies (141-148):
Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Welcome to the group!  Looking forward to gleaning from your 17 years of experience!  Congrats on your expected grandchild!  That must be exiting.  :-)

Quoting MommaTLP:

Hi everyone! I am a Florida mom of 8. 5 step 22,19,16,11, and 9. Biological 22 and 16. Future daughter in law 19. I am a stay at home mom due to disability. I am a retired nurse. I am 47. I was drawn to homeschool because of things that happened in a private school and I was frustrated with the public school. I have homeschooled for 17 years YIKES! I currently have only one that is 11 but since the 9 year old will be living with us soon she will be homeschooled too. Hmmmm what type of homeschooling to we use. Well.... whatever works. Each child is different and we use different curriculums/ways of schooling. My favorite color is pink. I love the sun in FL and if it goes below 70 I am freezing. I am going to be a step Oma (grandma) in October. My first grandchild. I am very forward and pretty much sugar coat nothing lol I am married to a saint and I say that because he puts up with me and thank God he has two hands because I can be a handful. I love animals and have 2 dogs and a cat. I want more but hubby says not until we move. Hope to find a house soon. Anything else you want to know please feel free to ask. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

gingerfrog
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2017 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. I am the mom of two girls (one 16 months old and the other 5 years old). I use the Oak Meadow curriculum with my 5 year old. Although with Summer around the corner, I'l use the Culinary Curriculum ( I created a fun little curriculum based on food) as a Summer filler. I got drawn to homeschooling because I'm against Common Core and the schools these days are too politically biased. I want my girls to have a politics free education where they can think for themselves (We are Libertarians).

chellied715
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone!  I'm the mom to the 2 kids below - we've been homeschoolers for about 4 years.  We started after their Christian school closed and we wanted to continue with a faith based education.  We do a mix of curriculum:  my daughter is doing online streaming and we just switched my son to ACE paces this year after finding that he was being held back by watching the videos...   too much monotony for a guy who likes to be challenged and to work ahead!  

I'm looking forward to having a chance to get to know you and learn about your homeschooling systems, etc.  :)  

Michelle 

happymomof2
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
1. My middle child has 3 congenital heart defects. He had his second open heart surgery at the beginning of 3rd grade. He missed 30+days of school and got so far behind plus, we were moving during that same school year so he would have missed even more.. so when the house was all ready to be put on the market...i pulled him out of public school. His sister had started in October of 2014 and he started January of 2015. She started sooner so she could help me with my youngest.
2. Since October of 2014
3. 3 kids. 10th , 4th and kindergarten
4. We started with easy peasy then moved on to focusing on math and reading for my 4th grader and reading for the kindergartener. Next year I am doing a whole STEM program that I am going to be putting together this summer. I can't wait!!
Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:50 PM

Quoting happymomof2: 1. My middle child has 3 congenital heart defects. He had his second open heart surgery at the beginning of 3rd grade. He missed 30+days of school and got so far behind plus, we were moving during that same school year so he would have missed even more.. so when the house was all ready to be put on the market...i pulled him out of public school. His sister had started in October of 2014 and he started January of 2015. She started sooner so she could help me with my youngest. 2. Since October of 2014 3. 3 kids. 10th , 4th and kindergarten 4. We started with easy peasy then moved on to focusing on math and reading for my 4th grader and reading for the kindergartener. Next year I am doing a whole STEM program that I am going to be putting together this summer. I can't wait!!

So sorry to hear about your middle child's health problems.  That must have been really hard to go through.

went with us.

MRSMOMSHAW
by on Apr. 26, 2017 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

What drew you to homeschooling?      Time, the time in this life that I will have with my children is more precious than anything in the world. I can't face sending my son to school for hours and hours and bus ride that is much much to long and missing those hours and minute and days of his life.

How long have you been homeschooling?      The only one I will get to homeschool is my son who is currently 3, so right now we're "Soft" Preschooling

How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling?   I have a step daughter who goes to school where her mom lives and my son Aiden who is 3. I have another son who passed at birth. So Aiden, 3, will be my homeschooler!

What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today? Go with the flow right now, like I said he is only 3. Yesterday he asked me to be his teacher and teach him math numbers, so that is what we did. Today he asked to do art with markers and glitter glue so that is what we did.

Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2017 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah...time with kids goes so quickly.  I had never planned to homeschool, but my youngest needed it (I have two in public school still, for various reasons).  I thought I'd feel isolated but I don't...and I didn't know how much I would treasure that extra time with him. 

Quoting MRSMOMSHAW:

What drew you to homeschooling?      Time, the time in this life that I will have with my children is more precious than anything in the world. I can't face sending my son to school for hours and hours and bus ride that is much much to long and missing those hours and minute and days of his life.

How long have you been homeschooling?      The only one I will get to homeschool is my son who is currently 3, so right now we're "Soft" Preschooling

How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling?   I have a step daughter who goes to school where her mom lives and my son Aiden who is 3. I have another son who passed at birth. So Aiden, 3, will be my homeschooler!

What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today? Go with the flow right now, like I said he is only 3. Yesterday he asked me to be his teacher and teach him math numbers, so that is what we did. Today he asked to do art with markers and glitter glue so that is what we did.

SCMomRosen
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:14 PM
What drew you to homeschooling? It is something I had been considering for DD for a long time. She had a really rough school year, and was removed from school during the last few weeks to be home bound. She did very well with that, and we just decided home school is the best thing for her.

How long have you been homeschooling? I've always done a very unofficial home school program with both DD and DS during the summers, but never for full time until now. DD will start in the fall.

How many kids do you have? 2, both starting 2nd grade

How many are homeschooling? Just DD

What type of homeschooling do you do? I have registered to be under a private online school, and I will choose curriculum. If it sounds what I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's because I am still very new to this! We will be meeting with a counselor for the school later this month to help get DD in the right direction. I was chatting with a friend who directed me to CafeMom about finding good information, so any insight is very appreciated.

What's on your mind today? Honestly, nothing much. I have a rare few hours of quiet and I forget how to act with no noise!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)