Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Introduce Yourself Here ...

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome     
Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! 

We are delighted you have decided to join our little group.  💖 

This is a place where you can come and get tips and advice or use any of the resources posted. We talk about everything from homeschooling to crafts and projects to recipes and home decor and more.

So come and relax, join any of one of the conversations going.  Or, feel free to start a conversation of your own. We love to chat.  ☺️
teacher

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

• What drew you to homeschooling?   
  • How long have you been homeschooling? 
  • How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling? 
  • What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today?

We hope that you will enjoy your time on the Homeschooling Moms group!

Sonja 

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM
Replies (151-160):
Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Aug. 5, 2017 at 4:51 PM

I did some "summer schooling" with my kids too (taught them Spanish in the summer, and with my youngest worked on catching him up and decided it was going so well we'd just keep going and homeschool full time.)   So glad I did.  

Quoting SCMomRosen: What drew you to homeschooling? It is something I had been considering for DD for a long time. She had a really rough school year, and was removed from school during the last few weeks to be home bound. She did very well with that, and we just decided home school is the best thing for her. How long have you been homeschooling? I've always done a very unofficial home school program with both DD and DS during the summers, but never for full time until now. DD will start in the fall. How many kids do you have? 2, both starting 2nd grade How many are homeschooling? Just DD What type of homeschooling do you do? I have registered to be under a private online school, and I will choose curriculum. If it sounds what I have no idea what I'm talking about, it's because I am still very new to this! We will be meeting with a counselor for the school later this month to help get DD in the right direction. I was chatting with a friend who directed me to CafeMom about finding good information, so any insight is very appreciated. What's on your mind today? Honestly, nothing much. I have a rare few hours of quiet and I forget how to act with no noise!

Angela4boys
by Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 8:06 AM

• What drew you to homeschooling?   Well, as it turns out, I never actually planned to homeschool.  All of my kids with exception of my youngeset have attended public school.  We started homeschooling when we moved states.  We were in a hotel, while house hunting, and waiting to close on a house.  Our school district doesn't allow enrollment unless you have an addresss.  They told me to homeschool them, and gave me the number to the department of non public education.  That was 5 years ago!
  • How long have you been homeschooling? We started our 6th year last month!
  • How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling?   5 kids, and they are all homeschooling.  I also have a step daughter, but she's 26 now, and no longer lives at home.
  • What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today?  Eclectic, unit study, funschoolers, lifeschoolers.  
seriouslyhappy
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Hello All! Checking in from KY. Always looking for others in our area.

Homeschool became our only option after watching my sweet child go from happy to exhausted midway through first grade. We pulled him after two unsuccessful transfers to a better school. We enrolled both our sons into public again this year. Two weeks before the start date we received a letter stating neither of them had placement, due to a technical error. I took it as a sign and sent in a letter of intent instead of completing another application. So here we are.

We homeschooled the oldest for the last part of first grade. He is starting second grade this year. Our middle child is starting kindergarten. And we have a 19 month old. I don't plan to do anything formal with her this year. This is our first full year homeschooling.

I'm still very new to things. I haven't quite decided on a "style". However, I am drawn to classical and unschooling. Opposite ends of the spectrum, I know, but if you knew me you wouldn't be surprised. Our family is very traditional when it comes to fundamentals and very alternative in almost every other area. LoL 

My mind is full of supplies and ways to organize. Also, planning our first field trip for our first day of school. Thank you for having me. Look forward to sharing and lurking.

Amaznda
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 1:37 AM

Hello.This is our first year to homschool.I only have one child to homeschool.My other child is grown up and married.I am not really for sure what type of homeschooling I'm doing.I just know that by our law here,we need 600 core and 400 non core by the end of year.So I supposed we'll just stick with the basic regular school stuff.I hope to learn more from here in this group.Thank you for having me.Looking forward to getting to know you all,and to learn more.Thanks

P.johnson
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 8:26 PM

• What drew you to homeschooling?   First off I never thought I would be doing something like this. But here we are. I had been researching for a while and after some issues with my struggling students we landed into the homeschooling and travel schooling space. 

• How long have you been homeschooling?  This is our second year 

• How many kids do you have? How many are homeschooling? I have 3 All are homeschooling 

• What type of homeschooling do you do? What's on your mind today? We do more of a classical Charlotte Mason approach with several other things in place. My biggest saying is that. Learning isn't a one size fits all event. I'm not for the cookie cutter learning techniques.. after all we all learn differently 
paTrollDog
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:06 PM

Hey there! My name is Kristin. I just started homeschooling our 8 year old, second grade daughter, a month ago.

We attend Connections Academy and are still trying to get fully adjusted and find OUR way.

I specifically came online tonight, hoping I would find a group like this; with moms to chat with. Hopefully, this group is nothing like the rest of CM! lol

I brought homeschool up to dh. Him and I agreed that it would be the best option. Our dd needs more one on one, hands on education. She is a very smart girl; but technically behind. The education at her school was hardly any good. Her new teacher left within the second week of school last year. Since then, that and other bullcrap gave me the desire to go with homeschooling.

I hope that I can give and receive some great advice here and look forward to talking with you all.

angel mini

ginene
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:03 AM
What drew you to homeschooling?

I decided to homeschool when my kids were in the 4th and 6th grade.

How long have you been homeschooling?

3 years

How many kids do you have?

2 young kids and 2 young adults

How many are homeschooling?

What type of homeschooling do you do?

I'm under an umbrella program and I do time4learning, khanacademy, pennfoster amd will try acellus soon. I like to switch up. Also do homeschool gym co op twice a week.

IWhat's on your mind today?

Nothing much. Just glad to meet everyone.
Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Sep. 25, 2017 at 7:19 PM

I was one of those that never planned to homeschool either, until there was a need.   

I'm very curious...what state are you in that has a "department of non-public education?"  

Quoting Angela4boys:

• What drew you to homeschooling?   Well, as it turns out, I never actually planned to homeschool.  All of my kids with exception of my youngeset have attended public school.  We started homeschooling when we moved states.  We were in a hotel, while house hunting, and waiting to close on a house.  Our school district doesn't allow enrollment unless you have an addresss.  They told me to homeschool them, and gave me the number to the department of non public education.  That was 5 years ago!
Angela4boys
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
North Carolina :)

Quoting Scribbleprints:

I was one of those that never planned to homeschool either, until there was a need.   

I'm very curious...what state are you in that has a "department of non-public education?"  

Quoting Angela4boys:

DONNAOPULENTO
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 12:10 AM

My daughter asked me if I would homeschool her daughter and I agreed.  She asked me if I would homeschool her son and I agreed.  I am a homeschooling grandma.  I've been homeschooling my grandchildren from preschool until present; 8th and 3rd grades.  I am using the Ron Paul method.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)