Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on RV and having my kids all home

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

Well it has been a full week and a half since I pulled them. 

I set up a schedule and chore charts with money to start us out better.  We ended the week on a positive note and all kids were able to attend co-op.  They all finished their work and my 10 year old earned $7 in chore money. 

It was a good week and I know we will probably end up having more bad days and have challenges we are doing good.  We do not leave till after school is done Monday-Thursday and Friday is a co-op day. 

Though next week we have an Indian cooking class with my sister and her aunt in town on Tuesday so that may throw us off that day, but how often does a 10 year old get to teach 2 adult women how to cook something?

My mother in law taught her how to make Rotli an Indian type of tortilla looking bread.  So she is teaching them how to make that and I am teaching everyone to make potatoes and cauliflower, and potatoes and cabbage dishes.  I can not spell their Indian names.  It will be lots of fun.

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
msb64
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

A class parent taught my DD's 5th grade class how to make samosas.  This was 7 years ago and it really impacted my DD - fostering her love of cooking as well as her interest in other cultures.  She takes great pride in making samosas, as well as many of the other Indian dishes she has added to her repertoire, for family and friends.  I think it is something that your DD will appreciate learning for a long, long time:)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Sounds like you guys are doing well! Love that your kiddo gets to teach others about something she loves!
debramommyof4
by Group Admin on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:22 PM
She loves cooking and loved learning it from her Baa (grandmother). So she is excited.

I am so jealous. I would love to learn to make samosas! They are yummy.

Quoting msb64:

A class parent taught my DD's 5th grade class how to make samosas.  This was 7 years ago and it really impacted my DD - fostering her love of cooking as well as her interest in other cultures.  She takes great pride in making samosas, as well as many of the other Indian dishes she has added to her repertoire, for family and friends.  I think it is something that your DD will appreciate learning for a long, long time:)

debramommyof4
by Group Admin on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah she is so excited. We are going to practice and practice so next time we visit my in laws we can make dinner for my mother in law instead of her cooking for us. And my sister is excited to learn how to cook the food from my 10 year old.

Quoting kmath: Sounds like you guys are doing well! Love that your kiddo gets to teach others about something she loves!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)