Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading Lessons Through Literature - which level?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am wondering if anyone uses Reading Lessons Through Literature. I noticed there is more than one level, and am wondering what level a 3rd grade child would use.

Thank you!

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 6, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I haven't used this program before, so no help from me. Sorry. :/

coala
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM

I've never even heard of it.

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 7, 2016 at 11:09 AM

This is why homeschooling can be such a problem.  Public schools have teachers who largely know what curriculum to use and how to use it.  Without background training  it's hard to be a teacher.

luckyinlife
by on Apr. 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM
I like looked it up. Its a pretty inexpensive program. If you have younger children buy the first few levels and go from the bottom up until you find the sweet spot. And thanks for posting, I an going to try these books with my 7 year old. We are struggling to find a program that works for her.
Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM
It depends on where they are developmentally with their reading. If they're struggling, start at the beginning.
sweetserenit292
by Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 12:34 AM

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

This is why homeschooling can be such a problem.  Public schools have teachers who largely know what curriculum to use and how to use it.  Without background training  it's hard to be a teacher.

This is not true.   Public school teachers don't get to choose the curriculum.  The state / city dictates what they use and how to use it. Long are the days, when teachers actually get to to pick and choose what is taught. :-/ Now, it is about teaching to a test.  I know this because..... I was that former public school teacher.  I have learned more homeschooling than I have ever learned while teaching public school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)