Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People Have Lost Their Minds!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
A while back I read a post on here about a mom who was fed up that people automatically assume her child must attend pre school. She claimed their wasn't exactly a need to do so because parents can definitely teach their child the basics at that age & it was only an issue if you needed the child care. I agreed with that poster I don't disagree with pre school only with the idea that its a must. Anyways my DD is only 2 & as a SAHM we have no reason to send her to daycare. I read to her & she is quickly picking up her letters & colors. Our local Library offers many opportunities for free such as puppet shows,arts & crafts,music,play dates,outings & even mommy & me classes. My DD partakes 2-3x a week & is thriving & I can stay & help the whole time.
Yesterday our neighbor balled me out claiming her grandchildren have gone to a fancy daycare since 6months old & I am some how denying my DD. She is 2!!! To each his own but my neighbors are continuously late on all bills & have many people subletting in appt to pay rent....her grandkids don't even have a room & the family is paying for a fancy school despite them being home! I know people are going to do this crap but speaking as a former daycare worker she is a fool. Just because something is free doesn't mean its bad. Just because a school has a license & charges you alot of money doesn't mean your kids are better off. Sorry in my opinion most kids especially little ones are better off at home with mom or a loving family member when possible as long as they are exposed to other kids & taught the basics....people are friggin losing their minds!
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I totally agree. I actually find the whole concept of school a little odd. Why have children just to send them away for a significant portion of their childhood? That's a must for some, but if it's not, family should be the core of a child's life, not schoolmates and teachers.
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids are way better off at home. I wish more parents would parent their children.

by on Jun. 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM
I don't understand it either. My son attended part time daycare and then preschool since 18 months because I was in school and then working. I would never chose that if I had a choice though. The ideal is for children to be with their parents. Especially in the younger years. I'm enjoying my time with him now though :)
by Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Focusing on your family and what it important to you is really what matters. Does it bother you she's so focused on that? 

by Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 11:13 PM
It only bothers me that she seems to stick her nose up at me & offer advice I didn't ask for. It be like me knocking on her door & bawling her out because she & her daughter choose to use their rent money on a fancy daycare despite her being home. It isn't my place to butt in & not hers either. Also having worked in a daycare before I can say it does offer some benefit & if you have to work it can be a suitable place for a child....however if not it certainly isn't a necessity. There is no reason a loving relative can't see a child through the 1st yrs off life it was done for yrs in the past. Read,sing,play,take them out,let them play with other kids,teach them...not rocket science & you surely don't need to sleep on the floor or sublet to strangers to pay for that? But like I said her choice.
by on Jun. 14, 2016 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
You're too nice lol. I would've responded with: I think my child having her own room in a house where no one sublets and all the bills are paid on time therefore there's no stress about finances and no fear of a non relative being a predator is what we feel is best for our child, but that's us. Smile sweetly and say have a great day!
by Group Admin on Jun. 14, 2016 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I was that other poster you mentioned.  :-)

As you know my mind has already been blown by this cultural change...but, gosh, two is even younger than anything I've come across.

What's blowing my mind now is that of the several cases I've come across lately of "presure-to-preschool" two of them (this one and another) have involved grandparents...people who very likely didn't go to preschool as a child themselves and at least grew up when preschool wasn't as universal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)