Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charters that pay for home schooling

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi

I have a friend that wants to leave high vost of living in california but she wanted to see if any other state has a charter program like here where we get funds to use to buy what we like to teach our kids...so do any of you NOT in California have a charter program...if so can you say where you are and how it works. TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bethbeth
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I live in WA state, and there are a lot of options here. Of course, to get "free money" for homeschooling, there are a lot of strings attached. So you have to weight the pros and cons of getting the money and all the rules and regulations that come with it.

Iheartdisney
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 10:39 PM
What are the rules. In ca we just have to show sample work each month for each subject and do a daily log

Quoting Bethbeth:

I live in WA state, and there are a lot of options here. Of course, to get "free money" for homeschooling, there are a lot of strings attached. So you have to weight the pros and cons of getting the money and all the rules and regulations that come with it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Kim on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:56 PM
I did a Google search & couldn't find much. This page *may* help:
http://www.responsiblehomeschooling.org/policy-issues/current-policy/homeschool-options/

I would have her go on homeschool Facebook groups for the states she's thinking of moving to & ask there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)