Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brain pop

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone used it? Would you do a group buy for it? Or a waste of money?
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
collinsmommy0
by Kim on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:17 PM
I use it with my kinder - brainpop jr though. I used it a ton as a teacher & loved it and now there are a lot of additional features. With my kinder, his charter school pays for it and he is accountable for handing in 1 paper per month in each subject, so sometimes we do 'draw about it' or 'activity' to complete that (examples for him this month is watching 'goods & services' then drawing a farmer picking a carrot as a service, and watching 'odd & even' then drawing an animal with even legs. He drew a duck)

I would buy an individual membership but do a free trial of it or.......If you google 'brainpop username' you'll find district wide usernames & passwords. Districts buy it then post that info in their parent information packets (which are then uploaded to the computer). So you can use the district username/password for a few weeks to see if you like it.
Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM
I'd avoid it simply because of it's alignment to common core. But that's just me.
ceckyl
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Oh thanks for that!

Quoting collinsmommy0: I use it with my kinder - brainpop jr though. I used it a ton as a teacher & loved it and now there are a lot of additional features. With my kinder, his charter school pays for it and he is accountable for handing in 1 paper per month in each subject, so sometimes we do 'draw about it' or 'activity' to complete that (examples for him this month is watching 'goods & services' then drawing a farmer picking a carrot as a service, and watching 'odd & even' then drawing an animal with even legs. He drew a duck)

I would buy an individual membership but do a free trial of it or.......If you google 'brainpop username' you'll find district wide usernames & passwords. Districts buy it then post that info in their parent information packets (which are then uploaded to the computer). So you can use the district username/password for a few weeks to see if you like it.
MessedUpMama
by Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Both of my kids love it. We had it through a charter school and would love to have it again.
mommaof697
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2017 at 12:25 PM

i have used it.

I did just an individual memebership

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)