Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing Help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2017 at 10:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm no longer a homeschooling mom but I went back into the teaching field and in need of organizational help!!

I just started my job as the lead teacher at the YMCA for one of their Before and After school care this week. The teacher before me never made lesson plans, kept records of anything! She would make fake plans and treat the kids like it was after school detention.

I have been finding lots of great activities on Pinterest so far but overwhelmed with putting together my lesson plan binder and how to have it organized.

We have state licensing coming anytime from now to may

I'm also dealing with a cluster fuck of 2 cabinets and 3 shelfs of everything thrown into them.

Any tips or great websites is so much appreciated!!

FYI I have 17 students mostly 3-5th grade with a few K-2nd

by on Apr. 20, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LostTheSlipper
by Group Admin on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:53 AM

In terms of organizing, I'd just pull EVERYthing and start from scratch. This will also make it easier to weed out any junk that can just go.

Do the kids have access to everything? I'd be more inclined to put "general supplies" or things you want more "off-limits" on a daily basis in the closing closet thing (last picture) - paper towels, cups and plates, squirt bottles, any holiday-themed items, etc.

OhSara87
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 2:08 PM
That's what I'm starting to do. Only problem is I have to do little bit at a time bc I only have 3 hrs from 5:50-8:40 am and I have 3 hrs in the afternoon I have 17 kids and just me so no chance to organize then

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

In terms of organizing, I'd just pull EVERYthing and start from scratch. This will also make it easier to weed out any junk that can just go.

Do the kids have access to everything? I'd be more inclined to put "general supplies" or things you want more "off-limits" on a daily basis in the closing closet thing (last picture) - paper towels, cups and plates, squirt bottles, any holiday-themed items, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)