Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Field trips

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Kim
  • 4 Replies
How often do you do field trips/take a break and do something fun?

We've been relatively healthy since January and I realized we've been doing stuff almost once a week (hiking, beach days, museum days, aquarium days, aquatic center says....we live near the ocean and so there's a lot here).

But lately I've been feeling really......busy! On the one hand, I want to chill out. On the other, we were sick most of the fall so didn't do much and I want to get out and do things before the tourist season starts.
by on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LostTheSlipper
by Group Admin on Apr. 22, 2017 at 2:11 AM

Not too often. DS is older. He has more work and sometimes our days just don't allow for them, and typical "field trips" aren't fun for him anymore - or he's just too old for them. We did go on a couple that I thought he'd enjoy and he whined about those, so seems pointless to plan them. ...But then he complains we don't have very many. *Sigh*

mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 22, 2017 at 7:16 AM

Our field trips are educational trips... we took the kids to DC for a week in December. The trip before that was to China last June. We like to travel so we make sure they are educational as well as fun. 

Mine are 11 and 8 so the work is harder and more intense now so we don't do much around here for field trips. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Scribbleprints
by Group Admin on Apr. 22, 2017 at 2:23 PM

I feel that struggle between getting out and keeping on track all the time!   Can so relate!

coala
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2017 at 8:02 PM

We honestly, haven't done a lot outside of just being active on the weekends.  We took them to St. Augustine couple of weekends ago.  My YDD loved it and my ODD was very meh about it.  I have one who loves history and the other likes to read about it, but not explore it.

My YDD wants to go back to St Augustine, but without daddy because he just slows us down.  LOL  I will probably take her back in a few weeks to see the stuff we didn't get to do that she really wanted to see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)